VTTW Board Index
June 16, 2024, 12:14:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BasketVols were entertaining last night....  (Read 4002 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2015, 03:44:52 EST »

They lost by 2 to Georgia Tech but it was non-stop action, as they say. The Vols are really undersized. But they didn't lack for enthusiasm. I don't expect a great season but with the new rules, they shouldn't be boring.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 03:48:29 EST »

They lost by 2 to Georgia Tech but it was non-stop action, as they say. The Vols are really undersized. But they didn't lack for enthusiasm. I don't expect a great season but with the new rules, they shouldn't be boring.

Going just 9 of 17 from the free throw line was the dagger for UT.  Hard to win on the road with those numbers. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 03:55:28 EST »

What new rules are you referring to?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 04:05:59 EST »

What new rules are you referring to?

The most relevant change is reducing the shot clock from 35 to 30 seconds.

Another extends the "block/charge" arc from 3 feet from the rim to 4 feet from the rim. 

But the shot clock is what is speeding up the game. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 04:54:57 EST »

They were also pretty strict on the defense. Scores are way up. Butler scored 144 against The Citadel Saturday night.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 05:07:26 EST »

we're a small team and when we don't shoot well, we will lose.

I think it would be a great job to get this team to .500 this year

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 05:16:55 EST »

That does sound like some entertaining games

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 05:49:45 EST »

Punter being out for extended minutes with cramps most likely cost us the game.....We were up 7 IIRC and he went out and they took the lead. We had problems with cramps the first game too...got to get that corrected. As Herb said missing FTs were the difference too.

That last play was a head-scratcher....mosey down the floor like we had 40 seconds left and then fire up a desperation shot 10 foot behind the arc!!!!! I felt better after the game when Barnes said in his postgame he didn't know what the heck they were doing either....Pretty much said it was set up to drive to the basket and for some reason the players took it upon themselves to do something else. Barnes said they don't listen very well coming out of timeouts.....He said that will be corrected. Barnes pulls no punches I'll say that for him.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 05:53:37 EST »

Punter being out for extended minutes with cramps most likely cost us the game.....We were up 7 IIRC and he went out and they took the lead. We had problems with cramps the first game too...got to get that corrected. As Herb said missing FTs were the difference too.

That last play was a head-scratcher....mosey down the floor like we had 40 seconds left and then fire up a desperation shot 10 foot behind the arc!!!!! I felt better after the game when Barnes said in his postgame he didn't know what the heck they were doing either....Pretty much said it was set up to drive to the basket and for some reason the players took it upon themselves to do something else. Barnes said they don't listen very well coming out of timeouts.....He said that will be corrected. Barnes pulls no punches I'll say that for him.

Maybe they didn't want to play OT and just tried to win it by hitting a 3. Shot selection could have been better in that case
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 06:43:46 EST »

Maybe they didn't want to play OT and just tried to win it by hitting a 3. Shot selection could have been better in that case

Shooter selection as well. Baulkman was awful last night and should not have been the guy with the ball in his hands at the end.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: