VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 01:14:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richt fired **  (Read 6366 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2015, 06:35:51 EST »

nm
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:07 EST »

From the AD's statement, they have asked him to stay on at UGA in other capacities....

Mark has the opportunity to remain on our staff at the University of
 Georgia, and would be heavily involved with outreach programs for our former
 football lettermen via the PO Network as well as other University and
 Athletic Association initiatives.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 07:01:36 EST »

Wonder if he will do that. I guess it depends on if he can get a gig somewhere else

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 07:02:47 EST »

That's what I thought.....I think someone would love to have him.....maybe even in the SEC! 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 07:11:50 EST »

That's what I thought.....I think someone would love to have him.....maybe even in the SEC! 

I'm not sure....his perception right now is similar to Fulmers in 2008. His best move may be to the front office. UGA's move is risky...lots of openings right now. I wonder if they go after Kirby Smart
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 07:55:52 EST »

CRAP!!!   
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 11:22:58 EST »

Won't everybody?  Hottest name since Muschamp.   May be a lesson there.

I wonder if they go after Kirby Smart

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 03:03:32 EST »

Won't everybody?  Hottest name since Muschamp.   May be a lesson there.

Hopefully history repeats!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 03:17:24 EST »

I've seen on some UGA boards they think they have Herman locked up........Of course there are about 6 other schools that think they have Herman locked up too...
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 04:09:15 EST »

I've seen on some UGA boards they think they have Herman locked up........Of course there are about 6 other schools that think they have Herman locked up too...

If he is so popular, it seems I would know who he is.   

Oh okay...googled....Houston's coach. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 04:19:18 EST »

If he is so popular, it seems I would know who he is.   

Oh okay...googled....Houston's coach. 
Flavor of the month

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 04:19:59 EST »

College football silly season started way before before Thanksgiving this year. LSU had decided to fire Miles and then had second thoughts it looks like. Richt is fired, but UGA AD declares it is mutual. All those lower and mid level teams are already looking for the new guy.  The Houston head coach Hermann(?) has probably raked in another million$ or two. Jimbo Fisher's agent has been working overtime to get a raise. The Saban to Texas rumors just will not die (does he have Sexton as agent?). The talking heads at ESPN are just apoplectic at LSU and UGA administrations. I think Spurrier just got tired and saw the writing on the wall at SC and walked away because he is just tired of the drama and inane questions week in and week out.

What a great time to be a football junkie!!!! If I were Chip Kelley, I would have my agent in overdrive calling every school looking right now. Charlie Strong needs to get out of Austin ASAP because Texas is a bad job right now. It is time to stockpile the beer fridge and chips basket. It will be a great December and January if you are a real estate agent for million dollar homes!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 04:41:25 EST »

Jimbo Fisher's agent has been working overtime to get a raise. The Saban to Texas rumors just will not die (does he have Sexton as agent?).

Yes.

Or maybe I should say "of course".   

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 05:31:26 EST »

Mike Greenberg said it best.....it is much easier to find the next Brady Hoke or Charlie Weis or Lane Kiffin than it is to find the next Saban. LSU was smart. Richt was a good coach. It is much harder to find a coach to elevate a program that is already as successful as UGa than it is to chose one that ends up making it worse. Richt coached 15 years. Bowden coached 16 before he won his first NC. In todays world, you better produce titles within five years. Jones needs to have a great season next year. I would say anything less than 10-2 he is on thin ice. Nature of the beast in the SEC. Hell they wanted to fire Miles. He (Jones) has to win the SECe next year or the fans will be restless. We are getting tired of his rah-rah shizzle. We fired Fulmer. What have we done since? UGa may regret this.

volsboyinsodak
10EC
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 06:09:11 EST »

He (Jones) has to win the SECe next year or the fans will be restless.

He will win the SEC East next year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: