VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 12:12:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tee Martin's son has decommitted from USC?  (Read 7742 times)
Creek Walker
« on: December 10, 2015, 09:05:33 EST »

He DID tweet that his decision has nothing to do with his father's future as a coach, but things that make you go "hmmm." A staff opening at Tennessee...Rodgers decommitting from the school where his father is currently the coach...etc.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 09:15:03 EST »

Yes he did. I'd bet he winds up at UT

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 09:24:58 EST »

before but I can't recall.       
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 09:29:52 EST »

4* receiver from Knox Catholic.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 10:17:26 EST »

He DID tweet that his decision has nothing to do with his father's future as a coach, but things that make you go "hmmm." A staff opening at Tennessee...Rodgers decommitting from the school where his father is currently the coach...etc.

So....former UT QB to be QB coach in near future.

Fanbase very excited.

Wait...what?  It's not Peyton?   

Hmmmm...fanbase reaction will be....???? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 12:35:54 EST »

So....former UT QB to be QB coach in near future.

That's not going to happen.  Tee burned his bridge back to UT while Butch is here a couple of years ago. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 01:00:57 EST »

Clemson visited him the other day and offered. I've read that they are the leader....but who knows.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 01:56:08 EST »

That's not going to happen.  Tee burned his bridge back to UT while Butch is here a couple of years ago. 

probably...but who knows

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 04:50:21 EST »

He is class of 2017, so long time to see what happens

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 09:06:10 EST »

Amari is a kid who went to Powell Middle before going to Catholic, and I know his mother and step father. 

The bottom line is that his mother was never on board with his verbal to USCw.  She wants him at UT, and that's why I have a feeling that he will end up on The Hill.  She is very strong in this situation. 

FWIW, Amari and Tee haven't had much of a relationship until it became apparent that Amari was going to be a big time prospect. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 09:27:12 EST »

Amari is a kid who went to Powell Middle before going to Catholic, and I know his mother and step father. 

The bottom line is that his mother was never on board with his verbal to USCw.  She wants him at UT, and that's why I have a feeling that he will end up on The Hill.  She is very strong in this situation. 

FWIW, Amari and Tee haven't had much of a relationship until it became apparent that Amari was going to be a big time prospect. 

Tee wouldn't want to come here and coach our "soft and turrble" players anyway.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 09:28:43 EST »

I'm not doubting you Herb, but if this is true, Mr Martin can stay in California

11B4PJ3F7
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 09:35:43 EST »

I'm not doubting you Herb, but if this is true, Mr Martin can stay in California

And I believe that is what will happen.  Tee has been retained by new USCw coach Clay Helton, and there is a lot of talk that he will be promoted from his current WR/Passing Game Coordinator position to the Offensive Coordinator slot. 

Tee's wife is a hip hop singer of some medium level success, and when Tee was flirting with UT a couple of years back she apparently made it known to him that there was nothing for her career aspirations in Knoxville and if he came here it would be without her. 

Just don't see Butch offering Tee a job after the way Tee totally abused the situation during the first flirtation. 

I think I may have posted somewhere on this board that this situation brings to mind the old saying that goes something like "fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me".  I don't think  Butch is going to put himself in a position to be fooled a second time. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 07:39:55 EST »

Several media outlets are reporting that Tee has been named the OC at USCw, as I talked about was quite possible earlier in this thread.

Guess that ends that speculation.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 11:12:53 EST »

Several media outlets are reporting that Tee has been named the OC at USCw, as I talked about was quite possible earlier in this thread.

Guess that ends that speculation.  

I don't think anyone thought he was coming anyway.

I'm a bit surprised he's the OC.  Will be interesting to see how that goes.   

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 11:42:46 EST »

I'm a bit surprised he's the OC.  Will be interesting to see how that goes.   
There are still morons, probably the same ones who thought Gruden was coming, on VQ
That bridge has long been burnt

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 01:56:13 EST »

There are still morons, probably the same ones who thought Gruden was coming, on VQ
That bridge has long been burnt

What....what!!!!! You don't believe that we had Gruden in the bank...he was packed and ready and was already putting a MONSTER staff together and at the 11th hour Hart axed the deal!!! Surely you jest

Edit: I've been called everything but a honorable white man because I never bought into that crap and laughed at folks that believed it. Funny thing....there's been about 80 college jobs and 40 NFL coaching openings since Hart turned him down and ole John Gruden hasn't gotten a coaching gig yet. We must have really hurt his feelings.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 03:19:33 EST »

You really need to get out in the real world more often, Bandit. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 04:12:50 EST »

You really need to get out in the real world more often, Bandit. 

I meant on this board.   

Which believe me, is not the real world.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: