VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 03:45:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember that special bond you had with your middle-school football coach?  (Read 2461 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2015, 11:36:06 EST »

You know, like that time he bought you a new car?   

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2015/12/27/alabama-derrick-henry-heisman-trophy-dodge-challenger-playoff/77922762/

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 01:25:33 EST »

Interesting that his benefactor, Medley, is an unemployed former middle school coach who lives in a "gated community" and could afford to send Derrick and at least one other talented athlete to a bunch of coaches camps that cost ~ $1000 each.  When asked how he could afford all that, he says his wife is an accountant at Price and Waterhouse.  Really?  She makes enough to pay for all that and let's him do it?

What seems likely to me is that Medley has figured out a (profitable) way to be the "bagman'.  He becomes a legal guardian for Derrick for a while, money is funneled to him, and after taking a big cut he launders it for Derrick and family. 

I have heard from multiple sources that this is how it's done.  Transfer the funds to a relative (usually not an immediate relative) and/or "legal guardian/family friend" and it's almost impossible for the NCAA to catch unless someone squeals.

Interesting that TJ Yeldon also had a very nice car.

LMAO...maybe one day something will crack in that dam of BS that has built up in Tuskalooser....what they get away with is astonishing.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 01:35:37 EST »

Interesting that his benefactor, Medley, is an unemployed former middle school coach who lives in a "gated community" and could afford to send Derrick and at least one other talented athlete to a bunch of coaches camps that cost ~ $1000 each.  When asked how he could afford all that, he says his wife is an accountant at Price and Waterhouse.  Really?  She makes enough to pay for all that and let's him do it?

What seems likely to me is that Medley has figured out a (profitable) way to be the "bagman'.  He becomes a legal guardian for Derrick for a while, money is funneled to him, and after taking a big cut he launders it for Derrick and family. 

I have heard from multiple sources that this is how it's done.  Transfer the funds to a relative (usually not an immediate relative) and/or "legal guardian/family friend" and it's almost impossible for the NCAA to catch unless someone squeals.

Interesting that TJ Yeldon also had a very nice car.

LMAO...maybe one day something will crack in that dam of BS that has built up in Tuskalooser....what they get away with is astonishing.   

It's also impossible for the NCAA to catch when they don't even bother to investigate.  Maybe if someone showed them a picture of a recruit in Saban's kitchen.  We know they have a REAL hardon for that.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 01:47:54 EST »

If something like this came out on a UT player...the NCAA would set up a office outside Neyland stadium.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 11:58:21 EST »

If something like this came out on a UT player...the NCAA would set up a office outside Neyland stadium.

How about if something like this came out about UT players over, and over, and over again?  Because this kind of thing has been a regular occurrence since Saban took over at bammer, and the NCAA hasn't lifted a finger.  Again, remember how one picture of a recruit in Bruce Pearl's kitchen was enough to scramble the NCAA jets?  And yet they ignore this:

and this:

and this:

and this:

and this:

I could go on.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:09:22 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: