VTTW Board Index
July 03, 2024, 08:29:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I thought that the dominant showing in the bowl game  (Read 3735 times)
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2016, 04:54:22 EST »

would swing some highly rated recruits to us but we've just lost another one....I don't understand what's happening. http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2016/01/05/jonathan-kongbo-iii-decommits-from-tennessee/                   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 05:26:01 EST »

West coast athlete

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 05:42:15 EST »

Aw man, one of the best gets of that class.  This is getting ugly.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:15:03 EST »

Aw man, one of the best gets of that class.  This is getting ugly.   
It was not unexpected, once he received West Coast offers

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:22:00 EST »

Not unexpected, but still a big blow. This was never going to be a great recruiting class, but the defections are turning it into a class that's on par with what Dooley recruited.  The '17 class is becoming VERY important.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 07:29:35 EST »

This doesn't surprise me a bit......Reading things the past 3 weeks pointed to him winding up on the left coast. Now if he signs with another SEC team, I'll lose it!

I don't follow recruiting much at all....just don't put a lot of faith in 17-18 year olds when they verbal....They jump at the next flashy thing that comes along too many times. I usually (if it's ends well for us) get excited only on signing day and even then I wait until they are cleared and on campus. 100% of my recruiting info comes from reading these UT boards.

Most posters I respect on recruiting feel we will finish in the 13-17 range......I read this morning our composite star rating right now is ranked 13th. Whatever that means.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 04:08:06 EST »

Not unexpected, but still a big blow. This was never going to be a great recruiting class, but the defections are turning it into a class that's on par with what Dooley recruited.  The '17 class is becoming VERY important.

It is Dooleyesque, but I take some comfort knowing that about half of it is limited numbers, and that we would not have had the classes we had the last two years without having to take that hit.

We can afford one class in this range, but need to get back to the top 5 next year for sure.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: