VTTW Board Index
July 03, 2024, 08:51:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jancek OUT!!!  (Read 11674 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2016, 08:17:44 EST »

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010616aac.html
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 08:19:29 EST »

Wow!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 08:20:27 EST »

This rumor has been going about on other boards for a while. Rumored replacement is Bob Shoop

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 08:21:04 EST »

I would've liked to have been a fly on the wall when this mutual decision was reached.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 08:34:41 EST »

I would've liked to have been a fly on the wall when this mutual decision was reached.

Same here:

Butch: John you do know we had OU beat and your defense couldn't stop Mayfield from beating our a$$...right?
Jancek: Yep

Butch: John you do know we had Florida beat for the first time in a decade and you couldn't get us a damn stop and on 4th and 14 you rushed 3 and let them complete and score a 65 yard winning TD....right? And I won't even bring up the 2014 Florida cluster.

Butch: John, you do understand we had a 17 point lead at home against Ark and then their offense starting going through your defense like Grant going through Richmond.....right?

Butch: Bye
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:39:45 EST by Tnphil » Logged
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 08:38:52 EST »

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 08:42:05 EST »

This rumor has been going about on other boards for a while. Rumored replacement is Bob Shoop

Let's hope so.  I wasn't thrilled with Jancek this year, but I thought he did well enough to keep his job- unless they already have someone better lined up, that is.  And I do think Shoop would be an upgrade.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 08:42:38 EST »

Same here:

Butch: John you do know we had OU beat and your defense couldn't stop Mayfield from beating our a$$...right?

Butch: John you do know we had Florida beat for the first time in a decade and you couldn't get us a damn stop and on 4th and 14 you rushed 3 and let them complete and score a 65 yard winning TD....right? And I won't even bring up the 2014 Florida cluster.

Butch: John, you do understand we had a 17 point lead at home against Ark and then their offense starting going through your defense like Grant going through Richmond.....right?

Cruel, but I smiled
Also, no more weird use of safeties as LBs -Starting with Oregon his first year teams took advantage of his weird use of the strong side safety as a LB.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 08:49:30 EST »

a lot of rumours right before the Outback Bowl, then deafening silence, then BOOM!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 09:08:10 EST »

If in fact Butch canned him.....and it's less than 4 weeks before NSD and this coming season being a pretty much make or break season.......I hope like heck Butch has his man and it's a UPGRADE.

Gosh help us if he goes on another one of his NATIONWIDE searches for a former MAC friend
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 09:18:10 EST »

If in fact Butch canned him.....and it's less than 4 weeks before NSD and this coming season being a pretty much make or break season.......I hope like heck Butch has his man and it's a UPGRADE.

Gosh help us if he goes on another one of his NATIONWIDE searches for a former MAC friend
The rumpur de jour is Shoop (been vetted) but if memory serves Shoop is a 3-4 guy.  Other rumours indicate possibly an ACC guy.  If that is true then I would go with Chizick, he may suck as a HC but I like his work as a DC

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 10:18:55 EST »

Same here:

Not meant to be rustle your Jimmies but:
Jancek: Of course Butch, you have no responsibility in any of these losses. That chicken -shizzle conservative play calling didn't have no effect on my defense staying on the field most of the 4th qtr of those games. And you really had the team fired up and hitting on all cylinders against North Texas. How did my defense look against Bama and NW?.... I thought so. Who will be your scapegoat next year?
I am by no means a fan of Jancek. But I just gave him a good and applicable  retort for Butch. I'm sure this will be a gang up on Jancek thread. I think my points are valid though. I hope we get a great DC.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:21:56 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 10:38:15 EST »

Not meant to be rustle your Jimmies but:
Jancek: Of course Butch, you have no responsibility in any of these losses. That chicken -shizzle conservative play calling didn't have no effect on my defense staying on the field most of the 4th qtr of those games. And you really had the team fired up and hitting on all cylinders against North Texas. How did my defense look against Bama and NW?.... I thought so. Who will be your scapegoat next year?
I am by no means a fan of Jancek. But I just gave him a good and applicable  retort for Butch. I'm sure this will be a gang up on Jancek thread. I think my points are valid though. I hope we get a great DC.

Butch is the boss and his 4 Mil salary is on the line....thus

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 10:39:04 EST »

The rumpur de jour is Shoop (been vetted) but if memory serves Shoop is a 3-4 guy.  Other rumours indicate possibly an ACC guy.  If that is true then I would go with Chizick, he may suck as a HC but I like his work as a DC

I would have no problem with that.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 10:44:55 EST »

Butch is the boss and his 4 Mil salary is on the line....thus

Like I said...scapegoat. Where's Monte Kiffin when you need him...LOL

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 11:02:33 EST »

Like I said...scapegoat. Where's Monte Kiffin when you need him...LOL
please ignore the TROLL

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 11:56:10 EST »

I thought Jancek did a decent job. Hopefully his replacement is an upgrade.

A switch to a 3-4 would be disastrous next year.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 12:21:21 EST »

please ignore the TROLL
Oh come on Pirate. You know I'm FOS. But I was really only half kidding. He (Jones) needs to take some ownership for the losses. Or should he be beyond reproach. Better question is who are they gonna get? Most good ones are taken by now?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 04:15:44 EST »

Oh come on Pirate. You know I'm FOS. But I was really only half kidding. He (Jones) needs to take some ownership for the losses. Or should he be beyond reproach. Better question is who are they gonna get? Most good ones are taken by now?

The conversation above between Jones and Jancek is FICTION dude.  No one knows what really happened. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 04:17:50 EST »

I was impressed by the overall rating of our D at the end of the season....16th in scoring D is not just good, but dam good.

Having said that, we were middle of the pack until we got into the soft part of the schedule, and vandy, mizzou and NW literally have some of the worst offenses in the country, not to mention N Texas.  And vandy kind of had their way with us for the first half.

I agree that who the replacement is had better be good.  I hope it's not a 3-4, not a fan of that going back to 2012 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 05:54:46 EST »

The conversation above between Jones and Jancek is FICTION dude.  No one knows what really happened. 

I know that. But don't you think that would be a legit comeback for Jancek?

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 06:00:37 EST »

please ignore the TROLL
Pirate no matter how much we lock horns I luv ya. I still look forward to your game analysis each week. You are so lucky to be able to attend so many games. I am jelly.

volsboyinsodak
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 07:37:52 EST »

VOLSBOY....Monte K  is now a greeter at Wal Mart in Texas.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2016, 09:18:15 EST »

VOLSBOY....Monte K  is now a greeter at Wal Mart in Texas.
LOL....he's at the one in Austin.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: