VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 04:30:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Less than an inch of snow.......  (Read 4360 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2016, 10:58:32 EST »

...that's hardly worth a fuss. Although I guess all the milk and bread are gone. What do people do with all that milk and bread? 
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:03:42 EST »

we got a trace with ice on top of that, so pretty slick in spots around town....me, I stayed home and worked/played all day!  :)   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:04:38 EST »

That's less than an inch more than we got.  

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 11:13:10 EST »

Between 2 to 3 inches snow in Cedar Bluff area. Road in front is passable IF I wanted to get out. But I don't. Pot of snow crab soup on stove and ready to eat.

I cannot help with your Bread and Milk use question. To me, that is an unsolved mystery. Maybe the History Channel can answer it if they can solve the mystery of all those Ancient Aliens or Astronauts that are seemingly on nightly. Maybe I should send Giorgio A. Tsoukalos (Google this man and marvel at his hair) to see if he can break away from his ancient alien conspiracies long enough.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 01:36:43 EST »

...that's hardly worth a fuss. Although I guess all the milk and bread are gone. What do people do with all that milk and bread? 

Here they buy milk, eggs and bread. Snow must make folks want French toast around here.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 08:43:40 EST »

Between 2 to 3 inches snow in Cedar Bluff area. Road in front is passable IF I wanted to get out. But I don't. Pot of snow crab soup on stove and ready to eat.

I cannot help with your Bread and Milk use question. To me, that is an unsolved mystery. Maybe the History Channel can answer it if they can solve the mystery of all those Ancient Aliens or Astronauts that are seemingly on nightly. Maybe I should send Giorgio A. Tsoukalos (Google this man and marvel at his hair) to see if he can break away from his ancient alien conspiracies long enough.

He would just say it was the aliens...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 08:50:24 EST »

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/401750/ancient-alien-thanksgiving

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 10:02:34 EST »

volsboyinsodak
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 10:48:27 EST »

Well here in Nashville, the first wave was melted from the ground relatively soon after it hit the ground but last nights rain turned into snow and dropped about 4". Tonight we are suppose to get a third wave of about the same amount on top of what couldn't melt today. A lot of roads closed and I'm betting a lot of outages. I wonder what the shelves at foodland look like?
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 05:01:29 EST »

As for Snowmeggedon2 in Cedar Bluff Friday-Saturday, there is less than 1 inch on ground. I can see parts of the road out front. I can still see the grass sticking up through snow. I have not ventured out on the sidewalk since it is covered with bit of snow that is likely ice. So this old man does not fancy slipping, sliding, and falling down to bust my butt or break a hip. I have beef stew in the crock pot and plan on making a pan of corn bread later. I am happy it stayed above freezing until about 9:00 PM last night. My 4WD car is covered with snow, but I really have no place I need to go. I have beer and food.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: