VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 04:29:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I should have known better....  (Read 2858 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2016, 12:52:41 EST »

....than to go to the grocery store. Having lived here in upstate SC all of my life I know that once the word "snow" is mentioned, people go into apocalypse mode. But I wanted to make my crockpot beef stew this weekend, so in I went.

The parking lot was almost full. The store was packed. All of the buggies were gone. I had to wait on some woman checking out to leave her buggy which I grabbed and waded in. I saw a woman carrying by hand, no buggy, three twenty-four roll packs of toilet paper. How long did this woman and her family expect to be housebound? Either they need to check their diets or they need to seek medical advice.

When I got to the checkout, I remarked to the cashier that this was madness. According to her, it had been that way all day. And, she said, the most unusual thing was that they weren't out of bread or milk, but cabbage.

I have no idea what that means.

Let it snow.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 03:38:29 EST »

LOL, same reaction just a little south of you in the fabulous Blythewood. My wife and I went out and restocked as well, yet we only went to the liquor store to pick up a few fresh bottles.

Let it snow

11B4PJ3F7
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 04:00:13 EST »

Was unreal here in West Tn. today too. Kroger's was packed at 9:20 this morning.

What's the deal with milk, bread and eggs? Does snow make folks want to eat French toast?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 07:35:35 EST »

LOL, same reaction just a little south of you in the fabulous Blythewood. My wife and I went out and restocked as well, yet we only went to the liquor store to pick up a few fresh bottles.

Let it snow
During my wonderful year long vacation in Iceland it came to New Years eve morning.  An unexpected Charlie Condition (blizzard) hit.  Give the shortage of sustenance four of us piled into a station wagon with shovels and proceeded to the liquor warehouse (where some of us worked and had keys).  Despite getting stuck and having to dig ourselves out over a dozen times (round trip distance less than 2 miles) we became heroes to the entire dorm.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 08:47:37 EST »

I once made a routine run to the grocery store for milk and discovered they were out, and only then did I realize inclement weather was even coming.  Which goes to say that type of behavior really truly puzzles me, because I pay almost no attention to the weather anyway.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 03:22:59 EST »

Mayhem and bedlam reign. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: