VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 11:06:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL investigating Peyton  (Read 4838 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2016, 01:47:43 EST »

Why the hell do they announce this when the guy flat out said he lied about the everything!   What the hell???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 01:58:21 EST »

Placatiing whiney Pats fans who think Goodell is only out to get Pretty Girl #12. 

VOLveeta
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 05:36:26 EST »

I've been thinking about this all day... and while pizzed off I actually started to wonder if maybe the league believes he's being unfairly maligned, they know his career is almost over and maybe they want to prove that the guy fulfilled 18 years as one of the greatest examples of a true, clean great and they want to eliminate any "asterisks" that could potentially be used? 

The way this Super Bowl is setting up... this has the potential to be one of the greatest storybook endings of all time... and how great would it be if all stigmas were removed and Peyton had the game of his life and went off into the sunset beating the team no one gives him a chance to beat?

yer pollyanna pal,
VOLveeta
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 03:07:34 EST »

Al Jizz did claim a second source.  They have to investigate.  If he did nothing wrong, it will blow over

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 05:00:18 EST »

This investigation has nothing to do with Peyton. It is all all for show and so NFL brass can CYA by saying "We looked". The NFL said immediately they would investigate. But when Baseball said they would use drug testing agencies, the NFL had to join in so as not to look bad. It is more about the perspective of looking good in the eyes of the public that looking for any truth to a rumor. The public would rather believe a good, juicy lie than a boring truth. They would rather believe any accusation about a hero doing bad because of the actions of people like Lance Armstrong.

Let the idiot talk heads rumor-monger for ratings. This "Well we got the same story from two sources" is just laughable. So two lies equal one truth. Only in journalism and maybe law.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 05:19:59 EST »

NFL covering their butt. Prevent down the road a player/players saying why are you investigating me and you didn't investigate Peyton.

In 2 weeks PM is done playing, IMO.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 07:47:35 EST »

I don't know, his head and forehead look a lot bigger now than they did when he was at UT and his first couple of NFL seasons. Kinda Bonds like. Check at a few old UT photos compared to current photos. Hmmm.. LOL...people believe this crap. I read it on the web all the time.

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 08:07:50 EST »

I posted this on another forum that TnPhil and I are known to frequent:

Jerry Glanville on HGH and Peyton Manning

Glanville lives in Knoxville now and is on with Tony Basilio every Thursday.

Anyway, Glanville just made the statement that the NFL can't test for HGH because HGH can't be detected in urine tests, and according to the agreement with the player's association players can't be blood tested, which is the only way to detect it.

I found that interesting, and something I didn't know.

Physicians on the board - does this line up with what you know about detecting HGH?

There are several physicians on that board, and at least 3 replied and verified Glanville's statements. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 08:52:18 EST »

The NFL knows Manning is gone, and doesn't care about investigating. The announcement was for show.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 02:59:20 EST »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000628970/article/nfl-conducting-review-of-peyton-manning-allegations

Manning's agent, Tom Condon, did not deny that Ashley received the supplements,

Does this part concern any of you?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 03:46:37 EST »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000628970/article/nfl-conducting-review-of-peyton-manning-allegations

Manning's agent, Tom Condon, did not deny that Ashley received the supplements,

Does this part concern any of you?

Not I. In fact, I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Ashley Manning received the HGH shipments. If you remember, Manning's initial statement included outrage that his wife's medical privacy was being compromised. The most logical explanation seems to be that they were used for fertility but they could've also been used for anti-aging or for the treatment of a serious medical condition. Or Manning could have actually taken the supplements -- but that would fly in the face of everything we know about Peyton Manning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: