VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 12:23:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Petrino going to be the next coach everyone wants again? God, I hope not.  (Read 9524 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2016, 09:33:03 EDT »

He does seem to put together some good teams. Don't want him in Knoxville though.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 09:38:37 EDT »

DNFTT!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:40:59 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 09:41:40 EDT »

I'm sure you want a new coach, makes it easier for Bama to beat UT

11B4PJ3F7
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 09:59:19 EDT »

Petrino will not leave Louisville.  Period.  He is without question the best offensive mind in college football, and he is smart enough not to meddle in defensive details.  Grantham is doing a nice job.  What separates him from almost everyone else is the ability to exploit weaknesses on opponents, while disguising his own (Louisville's OL is.not much better than ours).  He is a matchup genius.  But he will not leave Louisville.

quote author=volsboy link=topic=34734.msg169884#msg169884 date=1474140783]
He does seem to put together some good teams. Don't want him in Knoxville though.
[/quote]

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 10:06:01 EDT »

Petrino will not leave Louisville.  Period.  He is without question the best offensive mind in college football, and he is smart enough not to meddle in defensive details.  Grantham is doing a nice job.  What separates him from almost everyone else is the ability to exploit weaknesses on opponents, while disguising his own (Louisville's OL is.not much better than ours).  He is a matchup genius.  But he will not leave Louisville.

quote author=volsboy link=topic=34734.msg169884#msg169884 date=1474140783]

I think if someone makes him a better offer, Petrino absolutely WILL leave Louisville.  "Loyalty" isn't in that snake's vocabulary.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 10:07:28 EDT »

I think if someone makes him a better offer, Petrino absolutely WILL leave Louisville.  "Loyalty" isn't in that snake's vocabulary.

But where could he get a better situation?   I don't think he would come to UT at this point.  Maybe if Florida or some other place easy to recruit opens up, he might.

Or try the NFL again.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 10:09:51 EDT »

But where could he get a better situation?   I don't think he would come to UT at this point.  Maybe if Florida or some other place easy to recruit opens up, he might.

Or try the NFL again.

As I've stated before- if he were to come to UT, I would find another team to root for as long as he's here.  Pretty sure he isn't coming here at this point.  But someone like LSU?  Maybe.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 10:10:01 EDT »

DNFTT!
Sorry beyoch. They don't listen to you either.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 10:12:40 EDT »

As I've stated before- if he were to come to UT, I would find another team to root for as long as he's here.  Pretty sure he isn't coming here at this point.  But someone like LSU?  Maybe.

I would never find another team because of who our coach is. I supported Kiffin in spite of reservations and even defended Dooley in his third season (I just wanted a winning record that year and DNGAS about anything else).

But yeah, LSU I could see.  Or you know, Auburn.   

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 10:12:43 EDT »

Beat UF and all is well.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 10:14:49 EDT »

Beat UF and all is well.
Yes thank you Mr. Vol. None of us want that. Only a superior being as yourself demands excellence.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 10:15:21 EDT »

I wasn't even implying him coming here. I was just asking if he will be on the radar for bigger jobs. I don't want to think about going through a new hire in Knoxville for quit a while. It puts the program behind the eightball for a long time.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 10:19:26 EDT »

UT fans in general are amazing....Cry...cry cry....I don't want that coach he was a bad boy. He's one of the best minds in football period. I'd take him today and help him move from Louisville and help Butch move back to the MAC where he belongs. It's exactly why UT is a once upon a time program....Cry..cry..cry. Unreal.

Too many Vol fans wants a choir boy for a coach and not a big time winner. Be happy with 8-9 year win seasons with Butch most years. And his recruiting is dropping off which doesn't bode well down the road. You either want to be one of the big dog or you want to be a middle road SEC team.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:25:23 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 10:20:52 EDT »

Yes thank you Mr. Vol. None of us want that. Only a superior being as yourself demands excellence.

Don't blame me if I am superior. Losers like you are necessary for us superior beings to judge ourselves against to recognize how superior we are.  

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 10:27:17 EDT »

UT fans in general are amazing....Cry...cry cry....I don't want that coach he was a bad boy. He's one of the best minds in football period. I'd take him today and help him move from Louisville and help Butch move back to the MAC where he belongs. It's exactly why UT is a once upon a time program....Cry..cry..cry. Unreal.

Dang! And they call me a Bammer. Here is all I will say about it: there are a lot coaches that are making less bank than Jones doing a better coaching job. If the Vols lose to UF it will be unbearable. Hopefully they play UF lights out.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 10:34:47 EDT »

Too many Vol fans wants a choir boy for a coach and not a big time winner. Be happy with 8-9 year win seasons with Butch most years. And his recruiting is dropping off which doesn't bode well down the road. You either want to be one of the big dog or you want to be a middle road SEC team.

You think what you want- but I assure you, he would leave UT in much the same fashion Kiffin did- in the middle of the night, in a lurch, and in hot water with the NCAA.  The man has cheated on every boss he's ever worked for.  He's also cheated on his wife.  Do you really think he draws a line at the NCAA rulebook?  

As a Falcons fan, I was once excited to have him coaching my team.  Then Michael Vick killed some dogs and got kicked out of the league for a while.  "Well, at least we have an offensive genius of a coach to lead us through this", I thought.  Then I awoke one morning in the middle of his first season to see him on Sportscenter calling the Hogs at a midnight press conference.  The first sign of adversity, and he was gone.  But I understand that he DID leave a farewell note to his players in the lockerroom before he left.  So there's that.

Seriously, fizzle that POS.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 10:37:16 EDT »

Don't blame me if I am superior. Losers like you are necessary for us superior beings to judge ourselves against to recognize how superior we are. 
Lol. Sure you are. Ol miss is beating your team

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 10:51:03 EDT »

You think what you want- but I assure you, he would leave UT in much the same fashion Kiffin did- in the middle of the night, in a lurch, and in hot water with the NCAA.  The man has cheated on every boss he's ever worked for.  He's also cheated on his wife.  Do you really think he draws a line at the NCAA rulebook?  

As a Falcons fan, I was once excited to have him coaching my team.  Then Michael Vick killed some dogs and got kicked out of the league for a while.  "Well, at least we have an offensive genius of a coach to lead us through this", I thought.  Then I awoke one morning in the middle of his first season to see him on Sportscenter calling the Hogs at a midnight press conference.  The first sign of adversity, and he was gone.  But I understand that he DID leave a farewell note to his players in the lockerroom before he left.  So there's that.

Seriously, fizzle that POS.

All good coaches will leave sooner or later unless they are married to the program (Fulmer) and wear out their welcome...Saban? Meyer? on and on. We have a coach that nobody but a mid-major would come after.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 10:51:25 EDT »

He is a slimy bastard, but a slimy bastard who can flat out coach his teams up to another level.  

Reminds me of a former basketball coach we used to have in Knoxville.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2016, 10:51:46 EDT »

Lol. Sure you are. Ol miss is beating your team

I'm just talking chit. You know that, but I get to you every time. I hate Bama. It just chaps my ass that a team with an athletic budget the Vols have has trouble competing with these inferior teams. Plus, the '90's spoiled us forever.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2016, 10:55:26 EDT »

All good coaches will leave sooner or later

Except with Petrino, it's always sooner.  Always.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 11:01:04 EDT »

Except with Petrino, it's always sooner.  Always.

Give me 4-5 good years and I could give a rats ass. Better than we've had in 12-15 years. Just be happy with 8 wins on average with Butch. UT fans are tailgate happy fans.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 11:03:55 EDT »

I'm just talking chit. You know that, but I get to you every time. I hate Bama. It just chaps my ass that a team with an athletic budget the Vols have has trouble competing with these inferior teams. Plus, the '90's spoiled us forever.
You don't get me. Nothing worse than arm chair "experts" DEMANDING excellence. Enjoy the fizzleing game. You wouldn't know excellence if it fell in your lap, or sat on your face!

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 11:10:08 EDT »

Give me 4-5 good years and I could give a rats ass. Better than we've had in 12-15 years. Just be happy with 8 wins on average with Butch. UT fans are tailgate happy fans.

You won't get 4-5 good years.  Not with him.  You MIGHT get 2-3.  Then he'll either sneak off to another job, or crash his Softail with with a coed riding bitch or...something.  And then we'll be left to deal with the fallout, and scramble to find a replacement.  How does another Dooley or John L. Smith "emergency hire" sound? How many chances does Petrino have to blow before people start to understand that he is who we thought he was?

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 11:27:16 EDT »

You won't get 4-5 good years.  Not with him.  You MIGHT get 2-3.  Then he'll either sneak off to another job, or crash his Softail with with a coed riding bitch or...something.  And then we'll be left to deal with the fallout, and scramble to find a replacement.  How does another Dooley or John L. Smith "emergency hire" sound? How many chances does Petrino have to blow before people start to understand that he is who we thought he was?

Be happy with 8 wins on average and the Belk Bowl. Maybe Butch will be here 20 years and we all can sing Kumbaya.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: