VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 12:43:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We are going to  (Read 3264 times)
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2016, 10:19:48 EDT »

get drilled the next 4 games is we don't get better play, not just Ol, but in all aspects. We look worse than last year...penalties in every area, turnovers like crazy (thankfully we' recovered most but we can't do that forever), special teams has been a staple but even here we're seeing turnovers and penalties. We've regressed drastically. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 10:22:45 EDT »

I agree, but I will point out that app state and Ohio are decent teams, not the usual early season scrimmage opponents.

But yeah a lot of sloppy play and ol b as long way to go. A LONG way.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 10:27:14 EDT »

get drilled the next 4 games is we don't get better play, not just Ol, but in all aspects. We look worse than last year...penalties in every area, turnovers like crazy (thankfully we' recovered most but we can't do that forever), special teams has been a staple but even here we're seeing turnovers and penalties. We've regressed drastically. 
May go 2-2 but not drilled. Nope.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 10:28:41 EDT »

I agree, but I will point out that app state and Ohio are decent teams, not the usual early season scrimmage opponents.

But yeah a lot of sloppy play and ol b as long way to go. A LONG way.

App State got their a$$e$ kicked at home 45-10 by a first year coach at Miami. They aren't that good of a team....We are just not very good. A good team would have beaten Ohio today by 30. Too many folks are believing everything Butch is saying.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 10:29:58 EDT »

App State got their a$$e$ kicked at home 45-10 by a first year coach at Miami. They aren't that good of a team....We are just not very good. A good team would have beaten Ohio today by 30. Too many folks are believing everything Butch is saying.
BBBBut nobody wants to hear that!

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 11:18:16 EDT »

They were not at home, it was in Miami, and team A beat team B who beat team C never means that team A beats team C automatically, as anyone who follows football at all knows.

And guess what, Richt is a pretty good coach.  For whatever reason, every redneck and bubba in the south used to complain about Richt, but his record at uga was actually pretty good.  As Smart IMO is about to learn.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 11:30:08 EDT »

They were not at home, it was in Miami, and team A beat team B who beat team C never means that team A beats team C automatically, as anyone who follows football at all knows.

And guess what, Richt is a pretty good coach.  For whatever reason, every redneck and bubba in the south used to complain about Richt, but his record at uga was actually pretty good.  As Smart IMO is about to learn.

Ummmm.....Better check your facts. Miami played at App State today. It was by some the biggest home game ever for App. State and they got their asses whipped...Bad
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:31:55 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 12:06:00 EDT »

Ummmm.....Better check your facts. Miami played at App State today. It was by some the biggest home game ever for App. State and they got their asses whipped...Bad

I still don't care.  I recall in 1992, Arkansas was winless and had lost at home to the Citidel.  Read that again. THE CITIDEL  Then came into Neyland and beat the Vols when we were undefeated and ranked #3 in the country.   shizzle happens, and what Team C does to Team B that we played does not concern me too much.

Appy state has enough talent to challenge us, is all that matters to me. 

Speaking of Arkansas, they almost lost their home opener to La Tech, then turned around and beat a ranked TCU team on the road.

You are correct that the game was at Appy State though.  My bad, I saw something below about the number present and just assumed it was a typical home crowd for Miami. 

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 12:17:37 EDT »

then quit watching. You seem to believe that them winning or losing will change your life somehow. It won't.

11B4PJ3F7
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 01:21:29 EDT »

then quit watching. You seem to believe that them winning or losing will change your life somehow. It won't.

Been a VOL fan for almost 60 years...I'll watch and post what I want. Don't like it then don't read...Won't change my life either way. You can except bad coaching and bad playing all you want.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:02:57 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 01:58:45 EDT »

BBBBut nobody wants to hear that!

DNFTT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: