VTTW Board Index
June 03, 2024, 07:28:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like Elliot Berry is starting at linebacker  (Read 1736 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2016, 01:41:06 EDT »

Good luck to him! Seems he was 4th team?

I don't remember a season with the injuries at key and thin positions that we've had this year. Seems we've had the injury bug the past few years but this season it over the top.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 02:31:29 EDT »

Just goes to show the depth is not quite where it needs to be.  I've read that Darrell Taylor has practiced at LB, and there is Bituli, Bryant and Bates. Got to play the hand we are dealt, but I still feel good about this game.  The offense is capable of being our best defense!!!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 02:47:20 EDT »

Just goes to show the depth is not quite where it needs to be.  I've read that Darrell Taylor has practiced at LB, and there is Bituli, Bryant and Bates. Got to play the hand we are dealt, but I still feel good about this game.  The offense is capable of being our best defense!!!
Bryant is hurt.  Our 1st, 2nd and 3rd string wills are hurt (one could argue that the 4th string, Kirtland is out as well since he was to play will if he could play tomorrow)

Bates was first off the bench and frankly didn't do much with the opportunity

Biggest thing we are going to miss tomorrow from last year is that JRM played most of the game behind their LOS and none of our current group does that on a consistent basis.  They tend to be reactive and not aggressive, which really hurts us in the run game.  Watch how many tackles that 53 has vs TFLs.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 03:45:57 EDT »

So McDowell is out?  I had not heard one way or the other.

Bynum has been getting some snaps, likely will continue to tomorrow.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: