VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 07:58:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So the Corndogs fired their NC winning coach  (Read 2298 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2016, 03:36:14 EST »

...for a guy with a 21-29 lifetime record, who can't even speak in coherent sentences, and will probably have them on probation within a few years.  Brilliant!

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 03:53:05 EST »

...for a guy with a 21-29 lifetime record, who can't even speak in coherent sentences, and will probably have them on probation within a few years.  Brilliant!
nut he is a corn dog, he speaks like them!
(I heard it on espn, must be true)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 05:05:28 EST »

The whole story in the LSU-A&M game the other night was Herman was expected to be named the new LSU coach. Jump the gun much!

Jim Bo decided 6.8 million wasn't enough to have to compete against Saban.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 05:34:22 EST »

Hermann's agent used the threat of LSU contract to extort bigger bucks and likely other guarantees out of Texas. If he can get a QB that can identify burnt orange jersey downfield, Texas will be hard to handle next year because they are returning so many starters and backups. Offense was not Texas problem, they had a porous defense. Texas is an easier path to football final 4 than LSU. The weak Big12 (can any one count?) has less good teams than SEC West so I see why Hermann turned LSU down. Why LSU AD even thought Jimbo would leave FSU makes me question his gripe on reality.

Maybe Coach O learned lessons from his failures at Ole Miss and Southern Cal. If he has learned to delegate authority to his assistants and not meddle in coaching, he could succeed at LSU. People can learn from their mistakes and change. Karma is a bitch however so Coach O may still have some lumps to take. He sure is entertaining when interviewed. It will be very hard to get talent out of Louisiana with him there. As tribute to LSU at night  .
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 06:13:14 EST »

Yaw Yaw had a good record at USC when he took over after they fired Kiffin.

Question: How would UT fans feel if we just hired Herman after he just lost to Navy, SMU and Memphis?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 06:18:30 EST »

Yaw Yaw had a good record at USC when he took over after they fired Kiffin.

Question: How would UT fans feel if we just hired Herman after he just lost to Navy, SMU and Memphis?

I don't know.  Absolutely no excuse for losing to SMU.  Navy is a hard offense to prepare for, and it seems like they pick off one of the "big boys" every year lately.  And I'll give him a total pass for Memphis, because clearly his players knew he was gone and just phoned it in. 

I don't think he's going to make the world forget about Saban, but my gut tells me he's going to do pretty well there.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 07:22:57 EST »

I don't know.  Absolutely no excuse for losing to SMU.  Navy is a hard offense to prepare for, and it seems like they pick off one of the "big boys" every year lately.  And I'll give him a total pass for Memphis, because clearly his players knew he was gone and just phoned it in. 

I don't think he's going to make the world forget about Saban, but my gut tells me he's going to do pretty well there.

I would agree.....Any coach with a pulse should win big at Texas with the resources and recruiting hotbed. Strong was setup for failure from day 1. He had to clean house and rebuild and had little support from the big money people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: