VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 02:01:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I only post about Vols basketball occasionally  (Read 880 times)
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2017, 04:18:27 EST »

My last post concerned the 30,000 idiots who runoft what was a perfectly capable coach.  Oh, we have Donnie Idiot now, I was told.  How'd that work out as we now have the pleasure of having 2 of our last 3 coaches being under a shoiw cause penalty?  But, that is all in the past.  We got lucky as hell when Texas dropped an excellent coach in our lap because of his lack of NCAA Tournament success despite him having a great record as coach of the other UT.  So I'm not a Rick Barnes hater at all.  I bought the whole doesn't have the energy to recruit anymore thing from my BIL, who I went to the ETSU game with and, in his defense is a huge Vols fan.

And we did get off to a horrible start, losting to Chattanooga among others,  I remember one of the players saying that they were all freshmen, except Hubbs and Chattanooga had a very senior team and that is true.  Still, you can't lose to Chattanooga.  Then Mostella was a beast and almost single handedly won the ETSU game for us, which I attended,  Then he got kicked off the team for smoking weed.  Digression:  I think this is BS.  It should be legal and UT should be providing him with all he wants. OK, anyway, since then these freshmen are really starting to pay off.  Bone was injured earlier but his a stud and Grant Williams has really impressed me lately.  Hubbs is Hubbs and should be a first team all-SEC guy.

Are we an NCAA tournament team?  There is still work to be done but we are whipping Auburn (and Bruce Pearl) on the road right now so the needle is pointing upward.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: