VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 02:49:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We need a win if we have to burn every redshirt on the team.  (Read 3177 times)
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2017, 01:58:12 EST »

He's not going to help Butch next year anyway.  If he was that great he would have beat Dormady and Guarantano out in the first place.

Hi
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 02:11:52 EST »

He's not going to help Butch next year anyway.  If he was that great he would have beat Dormady and Guarantano out in the first place.

Hi

x1000

And Chris Doering, shut your gator-homer piehole.  This tool has predicted gators by 2 TDs plus against the Vols two years running when we were the clear favorites.  There isn't a bigger homer in broadcast TV, so whatever he says about the Vols is suspect.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 07:40:22 EST »

The way Butch evaluates talent, McBride may be the best QB on the roster given Butch's track record. Remember, Worley started over Dobbs because Dobbs "didn't practice well". However,  Worley didn't play in the games well. Dobbs should have been the starter from the get-go. Plus look at how he failed to use Kamara enough the last two years. Kamara is a beast in the making for NO as a rookie.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 08:44:12 EST »

I get pi$$ed all over again every time I see Kamara mentioned. Most wasted talent I ever remember wearing The Orange.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 09:18:10 EST »

I get pi$$ed all over again every time I see Kamara mentioned. Most wasted talent I ever remember wearing The Orange.

Corderrelle Patterson says hi.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 09:19:43 EST »

McBride looked really good considering.  Other than the dumb move to take on 3 defenders, he seemed to make good decisions, and threw well, as far as I recall.  He got lots of pressure, that's for sure.  I don't really understand the controversy at all, don't folks realize that a football team needs a 2nd string QB?  I mean, c'mon, man.  It's ridiculous - you gotta have a legit backup at every position.  It's basic stuff.  Anyhow, I'd say play McBride the rest of the way, but maybe we don't have the line to keep him healthy...

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 10:17:56 EST »

Hm.  He got used quite a bit in the one year he was here.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 10:25:36 EST »

McBride looked really good considering.  Other than the dumb move to take on 3 defenders, he seemed to make good decisions, and threw well, as far as I recall.  He got lots of pressure, that's for sure.  I don't really understand the controversy at all, don't folks realize that a football team needs a 2nd string QB?  I mean, c'mon, man.  It's ridiculous - you gotta have a legit backup at every position.  It's basic stuff.  Anyhow, I'd say play McBride the rest of the way, but maybe we don't have the line to keep him healthy...

I think even the whining (mostly by Doering, but also by former commode-door Jordan Rogers as announcer  ) was overblown.  So McBride burned his redshirt.  Conventional TV announcer tool logic is that he is now gone after four years, and that would apparently be the same four year Guarantano might be the permanent starter. 

But...if we put our thinking caps on, what if Dormady stays and wins the back up slot (or even starter) next year, what's to prevent McBride from being a red shirt next year?  Nothing!

And what does that change anyway?  What if JG is the full time starter but doesn't go pro after junior year?  Is McBride going to be the starter for one year because his RS is intact?  I seriously doubt it.

The only way it matters is if Dormady stays and is the starter for the two years he has left and then leaves.  With a RS that gives McBride potentially two years to start.  Even that seems a bit of a long shot.

Heck, if I'm McBride, I might just be thrilled to be able to show what I've got now.  If Dormady leaves, McBride might even have a shot at starting next year.

Final point...during the broadcast, Jordan assumed that Will's mother was screaming because maybe she was mad about the red shirt being burned.  Holy. fizzleing. shizzle.  She was obviously happy to see her son playing!  WTF is wrong with the communications industry? Do they have a "low IQ" test that you have to fail to get one of those jobs?   

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 10:33:56 EST »

I think even the whining (mostly by Doering, but also by former commode-door Jordan Rogers as announcer  ) was overblown.  So McBride burned his redshirt.  Conventional TV announcer tool logic is that he is now gone after four years, and that would apparently be the same four year Guarantano might be the permanent starter. 

But...if we put our thinking caps on, what if Dormady stays and wins the back up slot (or even starter) next year, what's to prevent McBride from being a red shirt next year?  Nothing!

And what does that change anyway?  What if JG is the full time starter but doesn't go pro after junior year?  Is McBride going to be the starter for one year because his RS is intact?  I seriously doubt it.

The only way it matters is if Dormady stays and is the starter for the two years he has left and then leaves.  With a RS that gives McBride potentially two years to start.  Even that seems a bit of a long shot.

Heck, if I'm McBride, I might just be thrilled to be able to show what I've got now.  If Dormady leaves, McBride might even have a shot at starting next year.

Final point...during the broadcast, Jordan assumed that Will's mother was screaming because maybe she was mad about the red shirt being burned.  Holy. fizzleing. shizzle.  She was obviously happy to see her son playing!  WTF is wrong with the communications industry? Do they have a "low IQ" test that you have to fail to get one of those jobs?   
My $$ are on QD being GONE

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 12:56:37 EST »

Not close..... he was here for only 1 year and the reason he didn't play a lot at WR was because he had a real difficult time learning the playbook. He had the same issues at Minnesota for 2 years too. NFL gurus harped on him lacking on his routes.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:18:31 EST by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 08:23:41 EST »

My $$ are on QD being GONE

I'd say he might, depending on how the coaching situation plays out.   A coach that favors pro style might come in.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: