VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 01:19:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Things: First, Happy Thanksgiving. Second, Get a Great Coach  (Read 3055 times)
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2017, 04:42:06 EST »

Hope you all have a wonderful and great Thanksgiving Holiday.  I don't visit here much, but lurk from time to time.  And have met a few of you. So, hope this week is filled with great fun and family a win to end the season.

For the coaching search, I hope you guys hit a home run. I've always loved UT and hope you guys bounce back. It would be nice to have y'all start beating bammer again on a regular basis.

One question: what is your drop dead date for getting a coach? In other words, what date do you have that, if there is no coach announced by, you will go into full on panic mode? I'm assuming it's not too far out in the future given the early signing period and recruiting that is still needing to be done.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 05:03:21 EST »

Monday.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 05:40:43 EST »

Happy Thanksgiving back.

For a small segment, when Currie did not announce Gruden as new coach the morning after he fired Butch, they started into full panic mode. Another segment are in panic mode because Chip Kelly is not the new coach. Most Vol faithful are in denial that it is hard to identify and hire a great coach for UT. They love and worship UT so much they just cannot image they every is not clamoring and willing to give up everything to be here. To most it is just a matter of money and if you pay a coach enough money, he will come and a NC will follow. If coaching pedigree and big money were all that was needed, Michigan would be undefeated in Big10 and planning for NC. Ohio State is in the mix only because of reputation of the school and Urban-worship. A big name coach that you mortgage the farm to sign will fail if he cannot bring in a good group of coaches. Butch has proven that a large group of 4- and 5-star players are only as good as trust and even minimal coaching skills can produce.

I want a coach that will bring in a coaching staff that can train and teach young men and has enough trust in them to play on Saturday. I want a coach that can sign a class that a majority stays for at least three years. I want a coach that does not come across as paranoid that the press will publish the truth and make him look bad. A big name would be great, but I do not see a big name that I would bet the farm on. Regardless of what most fans think, money is not everything and cannot buy guaranteed success. I think this early recruiting signing class is a loss already so do not panic hire. Or we will end up with another Dooley.

I think Currie will settle on a candidate and offer sometime early next week if the coach is not playing for their league championship. If UT does not hire next week, then the candidate(s) are still going to be coaching Dec 2. I also doubt we will ever know who or how many agents of coaches he talked to before to gauge interest and discuss salary. No matter who Currie hires, the most vocal full-time critics on fan boards are going to hate it. They hate everything already anyway.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 06:44:10 EST »

Happy Thanksgiving, MIAUTIGER.   
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 02:05:40 EST »

Happy Thanksgiving MIAU, but I'd rather watch Auburn pound the shizzle out of Bama before worrying about our coach.  Priorities brother, priorities. .......

11B4PJ3F7
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 02:35:27 EST »

This! 
Happy Thanksgiving MIAU, but I'd rather watch Auburn pound the shizzle out of Bama before worrying about our coach.  Priorities brother, priorities. .......

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: