VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 05:39:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UT early signing day info as of 2 pm  (Read 9307 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2017, 08:06:56 EST »

OT Tanner Antonnuti, P Paxton Brooks, OL Ollie Lane, QB JT Shrout, DL Kingston Harris, OL Jerome Carvin, RB Jeremy Banks, TE Jacob Warren have all signed.

Brent Lawless and Greg Emerson have not signed yet - or I haven't seen any news on them.

Juco DE Jordan Allen and Juco TE Dominick Wood Anderson possibly trending positive for the Vols.

Alontae Taylor signs on Friday.

That would be 13 if we were to pull them all.

** Vibes on VQ that Cade Mays will shock the world and pull out the UT hat today at 2:30 pm.  Don't hold your breath, though

Edit:  As of 2:15, Lawless is in.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:21:15 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:46:08 EST »

Yes Lawless is in.....4 star composite and 4 star on Rivals with a dang good offer list. Good get.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 08:51:07 EST »

Mays to UGA
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 09:10:15 EST »

Mays to UGA

As expected......Legacy son signs with a big rival. Bye!
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 09:35:05 EST »

As expected......Legacy son signs with a big rival. Bye!

Hope he rides the pine for four years!
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 11:32:52 EST »

Hope he rides the pine for four years!

Disappointing for sure, but hard to criticize his decision not to go to a school that went 0-8 in the SEC.  At this point, GA could certainly be seen as giving him a better shot at an NFL contract.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 12:05:28 EST »

Dominick Wood Anderson has signed his LOI with Tennessee.  Pruitt beat Saban for this #1 Juco TE recruit.

That makes 11 signees today.

The only other possibility that I'm aware of seems to be 3* Juco DE/LB Jordan Allen.  He signs at 9:00 EST tonight.

Alontae Taylor is due to sign on Friday, hopefully with the good guys.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 12:08:59 EST »

Dominick Wood Anderson has signed his LOI with Tennessee.  Pruitt beat Saban for this #1 Juco TE recruit.

That makes 11 signees today.

The only other possibility that I'm aware of seems to be 3* Juco DE/LB Jordan Allen.  He signs at 9:00 EST tonight.

Alontae Taylor is due to sign on Friday, hopefully with the good guys.

DWA is the guy who promised to sign with UT if he got 20K twitter followers.  Done and done.  I guess he's a man of his word.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 12:19:12 EST »

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 12:28:14 EST »

DWA is the guy who promised to sign with UT if he got 20K twitter followers.  Done and done.  I guess he's a man of his word.

He actually commented to Hubbs about that.  He said it was all for jokes and games, but that it showed him the fan base was serious about their football program.  (Or something like that)
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 12:44:38 EST »

Carvin, Lawless, Emerson, Shrout, Banks, and on Friday Alontae Taylor, and the TE above all appear to be nice gets. Of course, I assume the others signed are too!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 03:26:41 EST »

Jordan Allen is a Vol according to Hubbs.

It's been a good day for CJP, I think. Considering that this staff had less than 2 weeks going into a new recruiting situation, they did very well. Hopefully given another month, they can fill needed spots with quality players in February.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2017, 03:29:29 EST »

Jordan Allen is a Vol according to Hubbs.

It's been a good day for CJP, I think. Considering that this staff had less than 2 weeks going into a new recruiting situation, they did very well. Hopefully given another month, they can fill needed spots with quality players in February.

Jordan Allen is in.
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2017, 04:18:15 EST »

I thought it was a pretty good day, all things considered. It sucks to sit back and watch Georgia rack up like they did...that's kinda scary, honestly. All of our rivals are outpacing us right now, and considering they have better rosters than we do to start with...yikes. But Pruitt & Co. just had the misfortune of stepping in during the first year of the early signing period. If this was a traditional February NSD, I believe Pruitt and his staff would have finished with a heck of a haul. Considering they only had a couple of weeks to do work, I'll take it. Now let's get started on 2019.
Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2017, 04:19:15 EST »

Disappointing for sure, but hard to criticize his decision not to go to a school that went 0-8 in the SEC.  At this point, GA could certainly be seen as giving him a better shot at an NFL contract.

I don't fault him for not coming to Tennessee, but he signed with a bitter rival. If he had gone to Clemson, I could've wished him well. As it is, if he does well, our rival is doing well. No offense to him, but I hope he flops.
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 03:40:13 EST »

I don't fault him for not coming to Tennessee, but he signed with a bitter rival. If he had gone to Clemson, I could've wished him well. As it is, if he does well, our rival is doing well. No offense to him, but I hope he flops.

I understand, but I can't go that far.  I hope we return a fumble 98 yards for a TD, and beat them on a last-minute play-action pass to the FB.  And MacKensie and Tuttle stuff em on 4th and one.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 04:00:00 EST »

I thought it was a pretty good day, all things considered. It sucks to sit back and watch Georgia rack up like they did...that's kinda scary, honestly. All of our rivals are outpacing us right now, and considering they have better rosters than we do to start with...yikes. But Pruitt & Co. just had the misfortune of stepping in during the first year of the early signing period. If this was a traditional February NSD, I believe Pruitt and his staff would have finished with a heck of a haul. Considering they only had a couple of weeks to do work, I'll take it. Now let's get started on 2019.

I wouldn't trade our current roster for any team we play annually with the exception of uga and of course bammer.  Florida is close, but they can keep their players. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 04:05:41 EST »

Bottom line for me....

A couple weeks ago, we were 58 on Rivals and FSU was 57, a result of a many decommits on both teams due to the coaching change.

Today we are 28 and FSU is still 51.  More important, the average star rating of our team is still higher than those around us (meaning we are still a bit light on numbers).

I think given the circumstances this was a very good job by CJP.  We recovered nicely.  I am confident that by the time February rolls around, we will at least be in the top 20. 

I still hate that the very promising start we had at the end of the summer is undone, but that's what happens when you go 4-8 and switch coaches.

Again...nice recovery and although it's very early, I'm impressed with CJP as a recruiter so for.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 04:55:42 EST »

I agree!

I would also add that I think that Pruitt is filling the roster with players that he believes will fit his system, rather than just recruiting random players based on rankings. If that is indeed true, it should prove to be advantageous in the future.
Creek Walker
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 05:04:48 EST »

I agree!

I would also add that I think that Pruitt is filling the roster with players that he believes will fit his system, rather than just recruiting random players based on rankings. If that is indeed true, it should prove to be advantageous in the future.

I am NOT criticizing Pruitt, so I don't want anyone to take this as that...but, I will caution that we convinced ourselves the same was true with Dooley.

I believe and hope that Pruitt is a far better evaluator of talent than Dooley...I'm just saying.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 05:16:47 EST »

I am NOT criticizing Pruitt, so I don't want anyone to take this as that...but, I will caution that we convinced ourselves the same was true with Dooley.

I believe and hope that Pruitt is a far better evaluator of talent than Dooley...I'm just saying.

There's hardly anywhere to go but up at this point.

As for Pruitt, I'm with him until I'm not. Gonna be all in until I ain't. Will I be completely disappointed, again? Maybe so, but I hope not. From everything that I've read, this guy is no Derek Dooley.

I'm all in!! 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 05:26:56 EST »

His recruiting to date, at other schools, indicates he is
Though fogging a mirror under his nose would be an improvement over Drools

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 08:07:52 EST »

I can confidently predict he will be better than Dooley as a recruiter. 

Having said that, he might or might not do as well as Jones, who, however the players turned out, did have a couple top five classes.  Pruitt does seem to be loading the staff with good recruiters.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2017, 10:18:58 EST »

Most of the reason Butch had a couple of top 5-8 classes was because of Legacy's........When he didn't have those we were in the 16-18 range and not in the top 6 of the SEC. We need players bad in several position groups.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2017, 11:35:44 EST »

Most of the reason Butch had a couple of top 5-8 classes was because of Legacy's........When he didn't have those we were in the 16-18 range and not in the top 6 of the SEC. We need players bad in several position groups.

Agree we are thin in areas.  Also agree that the legacy players helped.

But...thinking about the most effective of his players.  Neither Dobbs, Barnett, Kamara or Sutton were legacies.  In fact, other than the Berry that was a national leader in returns, I can't think of a  a single legacy that excelled at any position.  TKJ at safety perhaps.   Mackenzie is a decent DL, but has not lived up to the 5-star billing, and after all did miss his entire senior year.

I am not even sure how many legacy players there were, but if anything they may have artificially inflated the ratings on name recognition alone.

I am sure that they were a factor, but we got plenty of great players that were not legacies.

Regardless...I hope CJP goes well beyond what Botch did.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: