VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 08:19:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelly declares for the draft  (Read 6415 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2017, 07:54:14 EST »

I guess he got a good grade
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:05:02 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 08:01:25 EST »

Good luck to him....Probably a 3rd or 4th round pick.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 09:13:50 EST »

Good luck to him....Probably a 3rd or 4th round pick.

He'll have a chance to make somebody's squad as a special teams guy, if nothing else.  Good athlete, can run the football and catch it well out of the backfield. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 10:00:03 EST »

Mistake, imo.  Surely we have better line play next year, and I think he'd be able to improve his stock with another year.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 10:09:52 EST »

He didn't have a real good season this year and was suspended for a game for being stupid. Wish him well but IMO with all the RBs in the draft this year he'll be down the list.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 10:42:36 EST »

Hearing that academics may have forced a decision on this, as well. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 11:58:45 EST »

I guess he got a good grade

fizzle   

But...I have always felt Carlin Fils-Amie was underated and  Chandler ain't half bad either.

Kelly was about the only bright spot on the entire 2017 team, so in a way, maybe it's best that he move on.  More of a clean break with the past.  (How's that for polishing a turd?    )

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 12:01:54 EST »

Agree that it's a mistake.  He is not even listed on a draft projection site that I trust.  That may be because his announcement is so recent.   I think he's the kind of player that might get picked up off waivers and do well. 

All joking aside, I will definitely miss him next year.  Tough, shifty runner.  Hate to see him go.

Good luck Mr. Kelly, I think you need it.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 12:07:57 EST »

I think it's a good move. Teams will be looking for the next Kamara. I hate that terminology, but he'll find a home. The question is whether he'll find a home with someone who can use his talents.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 12:12:33 EST »

I think it's a good move. Teams will be looking for the next Kamara. I hate that terminology, but he'll find a home. The question is whether he'll find a home with someone who can use his talents.

He's good, but he's no Kamara.  I think he will get drafted low or picked up on waivers, but I don't see NFL Rookie of the Year in his future.  ICBW though.

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 01:57:58 EST »

It's a monumental mistake on Kelly's part, imo. Wish him well, but I think he's going to regret it.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 10:14:16 EST »

I don't think he would have enhanced his draft stock by staying another year, and he could have either hurt it, or worse yet, get a serious injury.  He is what he is, which is a tough kid with decent wiggle who can catch the ball. I am not sure what more he could show.  He is certainly not Kamara, but I think he has a chance to be a third down back for someone. 

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 12:12:59 EST »

I don't think he would have enhanced his draft stock by staying another year, and he could have either hurt it, or worse yet, get a serious injury.  He is what he is, which is a tough kid with decent wiggle who can catch the ball. I am not sure what more he could show.  He is certainly not Kamara, but I think he has a chance to be a third down back for someone. 

I think he could have shown a lot, potentially.  Our offense was putrid this year after Dormady got injured and the FCBJ handwriting was on the wall. Kelly broke 100 yards in each of his first four games, a streak that might have continued if the rest of the team hadn't disolved around him.  Although we lose a couple key OL this year, if the ones we have coming back could just stay healthy Kelly could have had a great season IMO and raised his stock.

Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 01:30:24 EST »

Are ya'll going to even bring a team to Athens next year? 

Kelly, gone.
Dormady rumored to be transferring?
Who's next?

Go Dawgs!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 02:24:24 EST »

Kelly, gone.
Who's next?

Go Dawgs!

Yes we will bring a team.  And with Pruitt, our run D won't be nearly as porous.  And I'd take JG, McBride or even Shout over the injured Dormady you faced.  Also as I point out above, we have plenty of good RBs other than Kelly.

If I were you I'd be more concerned about Baker Mayfield.   Dawgs haven't faced anything like OUs offense this year.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 02:30:19 EST »

Kelly, gone.
Who's next?

Go Dawgs!

Just for you, I looked up some stats. 

OU is fourth in the contry in scoring offense at 45 ppg.  Closest thing you've faced - at home - is Mizzou, which is no. 15 at 38 ppg.  Auburn is next at 25 for 25 ppg.

You are facing a team that is a TD per game better than the best offense you faced, and that was before it really got going, but IIRC they hung about 20 on you in the first half.  Then there is Auburn, and we all know how that went when Keryon was healthy.  Heck, the only reason you beat them in the rematch is they were beat up from beating bammer the previous week, esp. Kerryon.

OU doesn't have any significant injuries.  I suspect they might just roll up the paper and smack a pup.  What you get for pissing on the carpet.   

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 02:38:30 EST »

Yes we will bring a team.  And with Pruitt, our run D won't be nearly as porous.  And I'd take JG, McBride or even Shout over the injured Dormady you faced.  Also as I point out above, we have plenty of good RBs other than Kelly.

If I were you I'd be more concerned about Baker Mayfield.   Dawgs haven't faced anything like OUs offense this year.   

go to a gator board and argue with them who's better, when the irony is that's there's no difference between the uga and uf fans. they're chock full of douchebags.

11B4PJ3F7
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 03:36:30 EST »

I respect Pruitt, and like JG's game.  Haven't seen enough of McBride or any of Shout to know what they bring.  Fils-Ames are Chandler can be pretty good, if the OL is improved.

Not worried about Baker Mayfield or OU.   UGA has already exceeded my expectations this year, won a SECC and recruiting is going well, so my view is that we're playing with house money at this point.  UGA hasn't faced an offense like OU, but OU hasn't faced a D like UGA's yet, either.  Should be an interesting matchup.

Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 03:55:12 EST »

Just for you, I looked up some stats. 

OU is fourth in the contry in scoring offense at 45 ppg.  Closest thing you've faced - at home - is Mizzou, which is no. 15 at 38 ppg.  Auburn is next at 25 for 25 ppg.

You are facing a team that is a TD per game better than the best offense you faced, and that was before it really got going, but IIRC they hung about 20 on you in the first half.  Then there is Auburn, and we all know how that went when Keryon was healthy.  Heck, the only reason you beat them in the rematch is they were beat up from beating bammer the previous week, esp. Kerryon.

OU doesn't have any significant injuries.  I suspect they might just roll up the paper and smack a pup.  What you get for pissing on the carpet.   

Awe, you're so sweet to look up some stats, just for me.  Since you presented the OU offense, please let me counter with OU's defense.  One of the below is not the same, one of the below is not like the others:

Total Defense:
No. 2 – Bama
No. 4 – UGA
No. 6 – Clemson
No. 59 - OU

So, you're saying I should be concerned about a team whose offense is a full touchdown better than Mizzou's offense?  OK, if you say so.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 04:09:52 EST »

Awe, you're so sweet to look up some stats, just for me.  Since you presented the OU offense, please let me counter with OU's defense.  One of the below is not the same, one of the below is not like the others:

Total Defense:
No. 2 – Bama
No. 4 – UGA
No. 6 – Clemson
No. 59 - OU

So, you're saying I should be concerned about a team whose offense is a full touchdown better than Mizzou's offense?  OK, if you say so.   

Auburn showed all you have to do is line up, stop the run, and make that frosh QB beat you.  it worked for almost 3 quarters in the SECCG, until Auburn's D wore out.  Had Kerryon been healthy, they would not have worn out.

OU will hold the ball far longer than Auburn did in either of it's games, and even their average D has a chance to shut down your one dimensional offense.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: