VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 06:35:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dammit, the men's team let that game get away......  (Read 2161 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2017, 09:36:13 EST »

UGH!   

Seems like they got punched in the gut with about 3 minutes to go and it was deer in the headlights time for a little while.  fizzle!

Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 09:55:28 EST »

I was screaming for them to quit waiting until the shot clock was at 6 seconds to start the offence and then having to throw up a bad shot. They did it over and over down the stretch.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:08:18 EST by Evol Knievol » Logged
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 10:06:23 EST »

I was screaming for them to quit waiting until the shot clock was at 6 seconds to start the offence the having to throw up a bad shot. They did it over and over down the stretch.

Agree 100%. We stopped running any kind of offense the last 4:00 and went into a 1-on1 style in the last few seconds of the shot clock. I'm not a fan of that.

This team, if they can figure out how to close games out in SEC play, should finish with a very good record.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 11:51:26 EST »

This is one game I blame Barnes as much as the players.....No reason to slow it down and go deep into the shot clock. Up 9 with under 5.....Good teams should punch it up to 13-14 in that position. Just dumb slowing it down there.....And for gosh sake work on your out of bounds plays.

Hope this team isn't like ones in the past that get to SEC play and decide to disappear for a while.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 12:10:29 EST »

The key was around 4 minutes left when, right after hitting a three, Ark stole the inbounds pass for an easy bucket.  Five point play 

We had a glitch on an inbounds pass in OT also.  A weakness that needs addressing.

This loss was awful, but it need not send the season into a tailspin.  Next few games are tough though.  Need to win 3 of the next 5 or it could be a long season. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 02:45:27 EST »

The key was around 4 minutes left when, right after hitting a three, Ark stole the inbounds pass for an easy bucket.  Five point play 

We had a glitch on an inbounds pass in OT also.  A weakness that needs addressing.

This loss was awful, but it need not send the season into a tailspin.  Next few games are tough though.  Need to win 3 of the next 5 or it could be a long season. 

I agree, except I think the turning point actually started on our possession immediately before that.

We were up 8. Williams gets the ball on the break and in the paint, against a guard. He kicks it out to Bowden (I think) who misses a 3.  Arkansas goes down and hits a 3, then the steal and another 2. Actually an 8 point swing (7 if Williams had gone to the rack and scored instead of kicking it out). Instead of being up 11 (ten if GW goes to the rim), we are almost instantly only leading by three and they had all of the momentum.

The 3 we missed was a good shot - but I'm old school and would have preferred Williams to score it at the rim. If we had hit that trey, it would have most likely insured the W I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: