VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 08:32:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, that was encouraging.  (Read 2025 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:52:29 EST »

It's just one half, and OM is hardly one of our better opponents, but that's the best we've looked in weeks.  We're defending, we're moving the ball, getting good looks and knocking them down.  Let's hope this keeps up through the 2nd half and beyond.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:54:07 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 08:11:03 EST »

OM got it to under 10 now.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 09:01:51 EST »

G. Williams still seems frustrated.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 09:04:15 EST »

G. Williams still seems frustrated.

I would be too.  Dude can't breathe on someone without drawing a foul.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 11:50:26 EST »

I would be too.  Dude can't breathe on someone without drawing a foul.

I know, but imo it's a "the chicken or the egg" deal where his frustration causes him to be visibly frustrated and more mouthy, which like someone else said is going to rub the refs the wrong way and lead to him getting fewer 50/50 calls.  He's gotta learn to suck it up and play.  Which I know he does most of the time, it's not like he's a bad guy or anything... but he's been obviously off his game for awhile now.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 11:54:17 EST »

I know, but imo it's a "the chicken or the egg" deal where his frustration causes him to be visibly frustrated and more mouthy, which like someone else said is going to rub the refs the wrong way and lead to him getting fewer 50/50 calls.  He's gotta learn to suck it up and play.  Which I know he does most of the time, it's not like he's a bad guy or anything... but he's been obviously off his game for awhile now.

Pretty much what Barnes said about Williams in the postgame.....Said he needs to learn to play smarter. Barnes was too happy with the way we played coming out of the half. He said they talked about playing smart at the half and they did anything but play smart coming out the 2nd half. Barnes said that by Feb. you'd thing the players would have figured that out by now....Also said our offense has to improve.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 01:57:50 EST »

we turned the ball over four times in the first five minutes of the second half, and Ole Miss was getting every shot to bounce in somehow.  They made some ugly ones.  But the team settled down for the stretch and put them away.  Still got kind of sloppy on D the last 10 minutes, but it was a road win in the SEC and I'll take it.  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:14:36 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: