VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 06:37:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuesday night's game is the worst kind of game.  (Read 3134 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2019, 08:17:51 EST »

USCE is a team that sucked out loud in non-conference play (including yesterday, where they lost to a mediocre Okie State team), but somehow has managed to turn it on in the SEC. This results in that rare opponent who hurts your SOS and NET ratings just by playing them, and yet is still very capable of beating you. It's an "everything to lose, nothing to gain" type of game. Sort of like playing Tennessee Tech in December, except TT had no realistic chance of winning. This game, OTOH, is probably our best chance of losing before we go to Lexington. Hopefully we'll take care of business, get the W, and then get the hell out of town.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 11:55:04 EST »

Yep....Starring frank will have them dialed in with the No.1 team coming to town. They will present some match up problems for us....much like Bama.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:17:30 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 01:52:40 EST »

I'm okay with a loss...or two or three. This team is just kinda coasting right now -- no real sense of urgency on defense, not necessarily their best effort on offense. It's easy to think struggling the way they did against Alabama and Vandy would be a wake-up call, but if hitting a skid is what we need to provide a real wake-up call before we get to one-and-done time, I'm okay with that.
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 02:49:46 EST »

^This
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 03:05:59 EST »

I'm okay with a loss...or two or three. This team is just kinda coasting right now -- no real sense of urgency on defense, not necessarily their best effort on offense. It's easy to think struggling the way they did against Alabama and Vandy would be a wake-up call, but if hitting a skid is what we need to provide a real wake-up call before we get to one-and-done time, I'm okay with that.

Yesterday seemed like a step in the right direction. Still not as dominant as they were 3 weeks ago, but better than the previous two games.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 03:12:36 EST »

BTW, I'm okay with a couple losses too, as long as they're to the right opponents. Losing at UK or LSU or Auburn is acceptable. Those wouldn't hurt our ncaa resume too badly. Losing to SC would sting.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 03:36:43 EST »

Michigan state just lost to Purdue.

Anything can happen

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 09:03:28 EST »

Alabama did beat us by 28 last year. Barnes & UT have done well against USCe so far. I expect to win by 10+.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 02:52:32 EST »

Gonna be tough, for sure.  It does feel like an L is right around the corner.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 04:40:04 EST »

It's going to be packed and rockin' at Carolina.

I don't think we can afford another slow start.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 05:10:48 EST »

It's going to be packed and rockin' at Carolina.

I don't think we can afford another slow start.

No, and I know we're all thinking it... sooner or later there will be a game where we are unable to dig out of the hole we create for ourselves.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 06:17:37 EST »

No, and I know we're all thinking it... sooner or later there will be a game where we are unable to dig out of the hole we create for ourselves.

This is a legit top 3 team. They will be fine

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 04:03:06 EST »

I see Vandy got romped by 30 in their Big12 matchup.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: