VTTW Board Index
June 05, 2024, 11:41:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugh, we are not playing well. very disappointing  (Read 1245 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2019, 08:24:24 EDT »

It's like this team caught the flu last night.  Really struggling on offense - and then a big letdown defensively.  Can't play like this in the Bigs

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 08:28:04 EDT »

Their energy and D has been the difference. Outworking UT in every aspect of the game.

Lamonte is back offensively and everyone else has left the building to this point.

Edit: And this is their 4th game in 4 days.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 08:30:09 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 08:33:39 EDT »

Their energy and D has been the difference. Outworking UT in every aspect of the game.

Lamonte is back offensively and everyone else has left the building to this point.

Edit: And this is their 4th game in 4 days.

hopefully they can turn this around and finish strong here.  They should have won this game - I guess they still have a shot at it, but it is now or never.  Jeez, how long has it been since we won this damn - tourney??? 

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 09:09:13 EDT »

This is a really good Vol team. Other than the UK games, I have not seen a legitimate killer instinct the last several games. Does no good to beat KY and then lose to LSU and Auburn and then Auburn again. What is the reason they can't put more than two good games together? I think the lack of this killer instinct will bite them in the NCAA's. Hope I am wrong. I was reading some Texas fans comments and they said this is typical Barnes. They said even their Durant teams underachieved against the average opponents they should beat. On the up side, one of those was a final four team.Vols didn't/don't play with intensity on a consistent game to game basis. I see this here. They pissed away the regular season and tournament championships. No other way to put. I hope they do not exhibit these traits in the NCAA's. They simply got their asses kicked today. No excuses. But I'm sure there will be some from the usual suspects.. They need to come out in the Dance and play like they have nothing left to lose. The way they should play every game. Sucks to lose to Pearl twice and have him deny us the title twice in one season. Still a great season. It needs a good NCAA run to successful.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: