VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 10:46:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Now?  (Read 5464 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2019, 04:42:06 EDT »

Instead of being a weak 2-0 we're winless.

The season is over. Play all the young guys.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 04:43:47 EDT »

Where now? Replace the AD and the coach now

11B4PJ3F7
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 04:45:01 EDT »

Fire everybody!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 04:47:20 EDT »

Put the Betsy Ross flag in place of the T. Burn the mother fizzleer down!!!
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 04:47:55 EDT »

I quit...I am not watching another game while that bammar is our coach.  I am done. I may never recover.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 04:50:04 EDT »

I quit...I am not watching another game while that bammar is our coach.  I am done. I may never recover.

Sorry to hear that Hollar.  I know how you feel, believe me.

I'll probably watch UTC just because it might be our only win.   

For the Florida game, I might just FF after the fact.  Not sure yet. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 04:52:33 EDT »

1-11 or 0-12 looks like..I've been watching UT football over 40 years. Never seen it this bad.  
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 06:41:26 EDT »

Yeah, I was trying to be an optimist but I poured out the glass that was half full tonight.  It's over and there's really not any hope for the future honestly. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 06:44:25 EDT »

We just lost to 2 teams we were counting as wins to get 6 wins and a bowl...That sh$t is out the window. We are looking at 2-10 or 3-9 right in the face.

BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 11:10:19 EDT »

3-9
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 11:19:23 EDT »

I’m saying 1-11. We’ll beat UTC (hopefully). UAB will be competitive, but they’ll probably beat us at that point in the season. And we’re not coming within 3 TDs of any SEC team.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 01:35:28 EDT »

Where now?  Right in the shizzleter. 

Cousin Eddie will be along to empty it later in the season. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 02:42:23 EDT »

I’m saying 1-11. We’ll beat UTC (hopefully). UAB will be competitive, but they’ll probably beat us at that point in the season. And we’re not coming within 3 TDs of any SEC team.

BS.  We will probably beat Kentucky and could be competitive in a couple other games. 

You are off the scale with the negativity.  Can't say I blame you, but not going to join you.  Not yet, anyway.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 02:57:17 EDT »

BS.  We will probably beat Kentucky and could be competitive in a couple other games. 

You are off the scale with the negativity.  Can't say I blame you, but not going to join you.  Not yet, anyway.   

Based on what? Kentucky is better than either BYU or Georgia State. Why should anyone feel that this team can reasonably beat UK? My view isn't as negative as BDV's; I think if Tennessee plays the way it played last night, the Chattanooga and UAB games will be wins, and UT can be competitive against UK and Vandy...but, at the same time, I don't see any reason to be overly optimistic.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2019, 03:53:54 EDT »

BS.  We will probably beat Kentucky and could be competitive in a couple other games.  

You are off the scale with the negativity.  Can't say I blame you, but not going to join you.  Not yet, anyway.  

How many years in a row do you need to see the same scenario play out before you accept the new reality? This isn't the 80s or 90s anymore- we can't take teams like Vandy, UK, or Mizzou for granted. Yet every August, some among us look at the schedule and chalk those games up as automatic wins. Then the season goes sideways by mid-October, the team loses all motivation (and our coaches are unable to get it back), and they come out and lay a big fat egg against their November schedule. Vandy and UK live to beat us. They're more than happy to go 1-11 every year as long as that win is over UT. We've had better teams than this lose to (or even get blown out by) the likes of them.

This year, the season has been flushed down the crapper earlier than usual. An L is possible (if not probable) against everyone left on the schedule, including UTC. What have you seen that makes you think this staff can salvage anything out of this shizzleshow?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:57:10 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 07:36:50 EDT »

yet for the umpteeth straight  year we don't go bowling - NOT, repeat NOT an improvement!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 08:02:14 EDT »

Based on what? Kentucky is better than either BYU or Georgia State. Why should anyone feel that this team can reasonably beat UK? My view isn't as negative as BDV's; I think if Tennessee plays the way it played last night, the Chattanooga and UAB games will be wins, and UT can be competitive against UK and Vandy...but, at the same time, I don't see any reason to be overly optimistic.

Kentucky is not better than BYU.  They lost their main offensive weapon from last year and put a high draft choice DE/LB and 3 DBs in the NFL.  We beat them handily last year and they are much worse this year.  They did win their first two games (first was a struggle) against non-entities.

Further I liked the progress made from G State to BYU, and if that continues, hell yes we can beat Kentucky. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 08:30:55 EDT »

I'll say this though Creek.  If Kentucky beats Florida this Saturday, I will then predict we may lose to them.  After all, they did beat UF last year.   

But yeah, not gonna happen.  Would love it if it did though.

volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 04:47:14 EDT »

Never seen a bunch of "fans" act like this. Please DO stop watching if this is how you are going to act. Programs go through ups and downs. Be a fan or go home. Be supportive or go home.

"The hardest moments are a call to something greater"
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 04:57:10 EDT »

You're assuming we won't improve at all by then...  I don't think we have bad coaches across the board, therefore I want to believe we will improve as the season goes along.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 05:00:21 EDT »

Never seen a bunch of "fans" act like this. Please DO stop watching if this is how you are going to act. Programs go through ups and downs. Be a fan or go home. Be supportive or go home.

There's a portion of the fan base that acts like this every year... it's just earlier than usual this year.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 05:01:03 EDT »

So who gets to determine what fans are allowed to say or how they're allowed to act to be considered "true fans"? You? I've seen a lot of people lecture Tennessee fans over the last week, so you're not even original. What they all fail to point out is that there were more than 92,000 fans inside Neyland Stadium on Saturday to watch a team that had just gotten humiliated by a hapless Georgia State program. They were there, they were loud, and they were let down again — just as they've been let down for more than a decade of terrible administrative decisions. You don't have to turn in your fan card to have an opinion that the head coach is in way over his head. You don't even have to turn it in to have an opinion that the starting QB is in way over his head, contrary to what some folks on other forums seem to think.
Creek Walker
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 05:03:08 EDT »

You're assuming we won't improve at all by then...  I don't think we have bad coaches across the board, therefore I want to believe we will improve as the season goes along.

I made the mistake of assuming that this team had improved across the offseason. Then we came out and lost back-to-back games to Georgia State and BYU. So, yeah...I'm taking the safest route and assuming that there won't be much improvement between now and November. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 07:56:20 EDT »

I made the mistake of assuming that this team had improved across the offseason. Then we came out and lost back-to-back games to Georgia State and BYU. So, yeah...I'm taking the safest route and assuming that there won't be much improvement between now and November. 

But you have to balance that against Auburn and Kentucky last year vs Missouri and Vandy.  If it went one way, it can go the other.   

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 03:04:01 EDT »

Where now?  Right in the shizzleter. 

Cousin Eddie will be along to empty it later in the season. 
LOL

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: