VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 07:15:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Men bb up to 20th in Ap poll  (Read 1881 times)
Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2019, 06:49:49 EST »

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 07:39:22 EST »

No.17 in the coaches poll.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 07:44:42 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 07:54:58 EST »

Just took a look at the OOC schedule, and it’s pretty tough. FSU, Purdue/VCU, tiger high, Cincinnati, Wisconsin, Kansas. And we’ve already beaten Murray State and Washington.

We go .500 or better against that bunch, and it should set us up pretty well for March.

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 08:04:52 EST »

Just took a look at the OOC schedule, and it’s pretty tough. FSU, Purdue/VCU, tiger high, Cincinnati, Wisconsin, Kansas. And we’ve already beaten Murray State and Washington.

We go .500 or better against that bunch, and it should set us up pretty well for March.

Go .500 or better against that bunch with this roster, and I'm nominating Rick Barnes for COY again.

And I'm not betting against it. I don't think it can be understated just how great of a win that was on Saturday, to travel to a different country and control a Top 25 team from start to finish. Remember, there were more than a few people who didn't think this year's team would make it to the NCAAT.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 09:47:07 EST »

Go .500 or better against that bunch with this roster, and I'm nominating Rick Barnes for COY again.

And I'm not betting against it. I don't think it can be understated just how great of a win that was on Saturday, to travel to a different country and control a Top 25 team from start to finish. Remember, there were more than a few people who didn't think this year's team would make it to the NCAAT.

And I was one of them. I still question whether our frontcourt can hold up over the full season, especially if Uros doesn't make it. But CRB just keeps defying the odds.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 09:50:35 EST »

Going forward Barnes will need to get more players contributing off the bench....We had that last year but those are starting now. Barnes will do that going forward. Washington had two 5 star big men and we handled them better than I thought we would. Just a good win for this team.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 10:37:14 EST »

Excited to see Pons this year.  So far his development since last year is amazing.  There were times I wondered if he could dribble last year.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 11:48:46 EST »

Keep an eye on Olivier Nkamhoua. Still won't have much depth with him, but he is going to be pretty decent this year.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 12:04:09 EST »

I can only assume Kent is a tremendous defensive liability. Otherwise, you have to play him 10 minutes a game.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 12:09:29 EST »

They basically played 6 guys against Washington with Jalen Johnson being 7th with 6 minutes. That's pretty thin depth for sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: