VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 05:03:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Vols are the laziest passing team ever.  (Read 1507 times)
Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2020, 10:45:01 EST »

They keep getting picked off or just throw it away. It's mind boggling. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:57:12 EST »

22 TOs to Auburn's 6 just a minute ago...How they have a lead is a miracle.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 05:05:51 EST »

Probably a sheer talent advantage is why they still led Auburn.  No excuse for that many turnovers though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
dansavol1
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 01:40:00 EST »

this team has some talent, but i think some of the poor passing is more coaching.  you DON'T EVER throw from one sideline to the other.  that pass has to be so high and slow that anybody on the court could get to it.  u really like Harper and hope she straightens this out, but think this is on her.  maybe she should adopt Ricl's mentality when he jerks a player immediately for mistakes like that.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 05:39:36 EST »

A lot of this teams issue is because they are slow. They are slow breaking to the ball...they are slow on their cuts....they are slow getting to lose balls. There is fast...there is quick and there is slow....We are slow.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 07:39:49 EST »

This reminds me of the end of the first Pruitt season in football.  We collapsed against Mizzou and Vandy, leading to concerns that were validted by GSU and BYU games.  However by the end of season 2, Pruitt had them playing well. Sometimes it takes a while to purge the bad habits acquired from the previous coach.  This may be a similar situation.  Just have to hope that's what it was and that going forward Kelly will put the house in order like CJP did. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: