VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 10:58:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pirate looking great in Stark-vegas...  (Read 1612 times)
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2020, 05:24:22 EDT »

And my Vol buddies said I was stupid when I said I wanted Leach. I think he answered any questions about whether the Air-raid would work in the SEC...against the defending Champs. Oh yeah...in game one.   600+ yards passing. Crazy. LSU lost some talent...but they still got more than most.  And...Leach has a defense for the first time to go along with his offense.   Gonna be interesting to see how things play out. Glad we aren't playing them this year. And....did Lane Kiffin eat.... EVERYTHING? He looks like he has put on 100 lbs. His offense looked pretty good though.

Finally...the Orange looked pretty good. Good decisions by G...stupid mistakes by a certain defender. Playmakers stepped up. The offense looked great one series and like crap the next. Defensive backfield gotta get better. Overall...a win is a win....but we need to clean some things up. Pleased with the effort and the result.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 06:58:56 EDT »

Took a transfer QB that's never played in Leach's system and broke a SEC record.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 08:21:02 EDT »

Good to see ya Holler! And yes, Leach can coach.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 09:26:16 EDT »

Yeah, Kiffin seems to have moved on from the Little Co-eds to the Little Debbie's     But I am not one to talk.....

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 03:04:14 EDT »

I would have liked Leach also, was really pissed at whatever AD got fired over the last hiring mess for letting him slip away. 

I will say this though, most of LSUs players from last year are in the NFL now.  They didn't just lose a lot of talent, it's pretty much a clean sheet and the one experienced guy they had coming back in the defensive backfield was in the hospital.

But still...it was an SEC record in Leach's first game as an HC in the SEC vs the (however depleted) defending national champions on their home field.  That is amazing and very impressive.

I'll tell you what though, it doesn't reflect well on Ogeron.  A buddy who attended Washington texted me yesterday that Chris Petersen, when he coached Washington, never allowed Wazzou more than 17 points. 

I think this is an early indication that Ogeron is in the mold of Gene Chizak and not Nick Saban (a one hit wonder with a perfect-fit transfer QB).

That is to say, it will be really interesting to see if MSU continues to set records. I suspect they will not, and even will struggle a few times this season.  One things for sure though, it will be fun to watch regardless.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 06:34:08 EDT »

Howdy, Holler! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: