VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 02:39:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate  (Read 1935 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2020, 12:59:36 EDT »

I'm not that familiar with our DL this year and it was hard to follow on TV, too much of a crowd at the line and bad sight angles. All I know is that Bumphus and Solomon played a lot.

Any insight or information you can share greatly appreciated.  Who played most of the downs, who rotated in, who made plays, who didn't, etc.

And thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 06:18:46 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 02:09:43 EDT »

I'm not that familiar with our DL this year and it was hard to follow on TV, too much of a crowd at the line and bad site angles. All I know is that Bumphus and Solomon played a lot.

Any insight or information you can share greatly appreciated.  Who played most of the downs, who rotated in, who made plays, who didn't, etc.

And thanks in advance.
Difficult to describe as we play a TON of players.
Today we were subing in response to the various MO packages.  Dizzying at times
In EVERY obvious passing situation Johnson was in at DE
In a lot of running situations Tyler Baron was in the game, usually at RDE
Today Bennet was quiet, Bumphus had a good game
The DTs seem interchangeable, disappointed with their play today - zero pressure up the middle by them and got moved around a bit in the run game

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 06:21:54 EDT »

Good to hear we are rotating a lot.  That's a goal for the DL if you have the depth, so we must have the depth, and we did this last year and it worked really well.  Johnson has been great in pressure, not sure what his exact position is, if he is a straight DE or the DE/LB that mostly is an LB but often lines up at DE in the 3-4, but he has been impressive so far.

We are down Middleton and Gooden, both of whom played well last year (at least in spurts) so it's good to hear we at least have enough bodies to rotate. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 01:34:16 EDT »

Good to hear we are rotating a lot.  That's a goal for the DL if you have the depth, so we must have the depth, and we did this last year and it worked really well.  Johnson has been great in pressure, not sure what his exact position is, if he is a straight DE or the DE/LB that mostly is an LB but often lines up at DE in the 3-4, but he has been impressive so far.

We are down Middleton and Gooden, both of whom played well last year (at least in spurts) so it's good to hear we at least have enough bodies to rotate. 
Middleton played yesterday.  Seemed a bit rusty but we lost a 2 game starter in Simmons, who seemed to have some kind of leg injury

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 02:57:31 EDT »

DT is my #1 concern for UGA.  They did a lot of damage to Auburn between the tackles.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:16:24 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 03:11:57 EDT »

DT is my #1 concern for UGA.  They did a lot of damage yo Auburn between the tackles.

you beat me to it, my same concern as well. If UGA gets going between the tackles like they did last night, they're going to beat the brakes off of UT. I think that UT has a puncher's chance at UGA, but only if UT can establish a grinding ground game, UT has to be able to keep their offense off the field

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 12:26:00 EDT »

Georgia did run very well yesterday IMO its the main reason they won big. Which makes me even more glad Middleton is back.

Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 01:34:04 EDT »

First off, I like this team and their attitude about the game. Having stability at the coaching staff is an intangible not mentioned very much and it is clear to me that we have our coach going forward.

This coming weekend will be a challenge no doubt. The schedule works in our favor with “lowly, weak and frail” UT coming up sandwiched between two Top10 matchups for Georgia.

Offensively, our WR’s will have to get separation and make plays against their DB’s. They will man up and be physical with one-on-one coverage allowing everyone else to stop the run and pressure #2. If they can’t get open, then their defense will strangle our offense just like they did to AU. Given this, I think Mays needs to play RT this weekend due to their speed and pressure from the edges. He and Wayna have to neutralize Ojulari and Anderson to give #2 time to throw.

Defensively, Pruitt and Smart are cut from the same Saban cloth and their approach is basically the same. So, even though he played a good game against AU, I would take my chances with their QB. Stop the run first and challenge our DB’s to do the same thing against their WR’s. The difference being is they have more talent and experience to pull it off.

Lastly, we can’t miss 39 yd FG’s. This should be a low scoring game with maybe a weather impact so every opportunity to put points on the board can’t be missed.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 05:06:20 EDT »

Our OL better be ready to play. UGa's DL and defense in general had Bo Nix running for his life and made him look bad. Hope JG has his running shoes on.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 05:29:39 EDT »

I was not impressed at all with Bo Nix, even factoring in the pressure.  At one point he started scrambling and no one was near him, and he misfired a few times without being pressured. What he did under pressure was of course a complete cluster fizzle.

What might work in our favor is that Auburn struggled to run the ball last year and that seems to have somewhat carried over to this year.

Additionally from what I saw of Nix Saturday, and I only saw about half the game, I would actually take JG over him at this point.  Yes, I said that.  Hope I am right.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 05:49:52 EDT »

Auburn fans have said they have completely whiffed on OL recruiting the past 3-4 years (we've been the and done that).....And the new OC and scheme are awful right now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: