VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 02:30:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: At least Pruitt isnt making a complete arse of himself  (Read 3174 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2020, 09:43:03 EST »

WTF is going on with Dan Mullen?  Makes ridiculous comments about COVID-19, gets burned when half his team is infected, then helps start a fight Saturday and responds to it by wearing a Darth Vader helmet in the presser? 

Holy shizzle. Florida fans are going to approve probably.  But I hope he just keeps digging.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 10:39:48 EST »

My response to most of that would be meh. Saturday was Halloween; the costume was to be expected. Mullen's Covid comments were in response to TAMU not following the same stadium capacity guidelines as the rest of the SEC...most coaches would be rightfully frustrated.

But regarding Mullen's actions during the game Saturday and that really bizarre incident where he reemerges from the tunnel to incite the crowd...I've said from day one that Mullen is a punk and his players act like punks. He seems to largely get a free pass for some reason. I think he's pretty low-class myself.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 12:12:43 EST »

A&M stadium looked 2/3rds full the other night.....And there was no social distance going on.

SEC Mike
@MichaelWBratton
·
5h
Sam Pittman on how to simulate an atmosphere for recruits without recruiting visits:

"Atmosphere is hard to get, unless you go to Texas A&M..."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 12:31:33 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 12:31:27 EST »

A&M stadium looked 2/3rds full the other night.....And there was no social distance going on.

Apparently stadium capacity is left up to the discretion of the schools and their local governments. But why isn't TAMU getting hammered by the media the way Trump gets hammered every time he holds a rally? I'm no Trump fan, but the media has been relentless...seems like going after a school over Covid would be right up ESPN's alley.

The SEC needs a uniform attendance policy. You got schools like Texas A&M (and, to a lesser extent, Georgia) that still have a unique home field advantage with their crowds, then you got our piddly 20k at Neyland with the ridiculous sounding piped-in crowd noise when the defense is on the field. Although I'm not sure it would matter if our level of play doesn't pick up. I snagged Mizzou tickets in an excellent location for $45/ea. on Vividseats even with the seating restrictions. There isn't much of a demand, seems like.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 12:33:43 EST by Creek Walker » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 06:58:52 EST »

Apparently stadium capacity is left up to the discretion of the schools and their local governments. But why isn't TAMU getting hammered by the media the way Trump gets hammered every time he holds a rally? I'm no Trump fan, but the media has been relentless...seems like going after a school over Covid would be right up ESPN's alley.

The SEC needs a uniform attendance policy. You got schools like Texas A&M (and, to a lesser extent, Georgia) that still have a unique home field advantage with their crowds, then you got our piddly 20k at Neyland with the ridiculous sounding piped-in crowd noise when the defense is on the field. Although I'm not sure it would matter if our level of play doesn't pick up. I snagged Mizzou tickets in an excellent location for $45/ea. on Vividseats even with the seating restrictions. There isn't much of a demand, seems like.

Its a bit odd in the sense that Tamu is a very conservative school.  But here is what I think.  The Demos have a fond wish (to be denied yet again) of taking Texas.  Going after Tamu would piss off a siginificant proportion of their population. I can even give proof of a sort that Demos realize sports matter.  The BIG originally shut down, right?  A majority of the Governors are Demos.  Then it started really hurting Demos in the polls in Ohio, and next thing you know, back in September, Biden is trying to claim credit for "bringing back football" at a stop in Ohio.  Astonishing!  Mr. "shut down the country" apparently thinks its okay to have large crowds, which, even though social distancing could be claimed, but it was incredible to me that he was trying to claim credit for OSU being able to play again.  Unbelievable.  But yeah, thats why they aren't going after Tamu IMO.  The second part of this is that of course they are hammering Trump.  Their whole campaign is Covid-19 (with a larger than usual dose of identity politics thrown in).

And BTW, I was mostly going after Mullen for the fight, like you.  That's the main thing.  I think the Covid-19 thing was mostly embarrassing to him, I didn't care about it that much, but he did make some statements that suggested taking a more open approach and then the Gators had like 19 infections and had to delay a game.  It did make him look very bad, but again mostly talking about his as you say punkish behavior.  And listening the Finebaum yesterday, someone called in and reminded everyone that there was an incident at the Vandy game last year where he confronted Mason very angrily.  He absolutely is a punk!

The other interesting thing about Finebaum was the universal condemnation of Mullen from non-gators.  There were of course a lot of Georgia and Mizzu fans complaining, which is predictable, but several other schools also weighed in (bammer, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tamu and even MSU, his old school).  Even among the gators only one fan unconditionally defended him.  Over on the Mudlizard, the universal immediate response to his (joke) 25K fine and no additional gator suspensions was "whew, thought it was going to be worse".  Very telling when that bad of a bunch of homers admits they got off easy.  LMAO.  

Here's the thing...I hope he continues to be a punk, because if he's not careful it will eventually bring him down.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:41:29 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 05:41:50 EST »

Really? 

Claiming that UT is getting closer to Bama and continuing to play Gitmo pretty much speaks for itself. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 07:01:10 EST »

Really? 

Claiming that UT is getting closer to Bama and continuing to play Gitmo pretty much speaks for itself. 
This is why I luv ya Herb. You don't make no excuses either, unlike many posting here.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 12:53:39 EST »

Really? 

As compared to acting like a 21 year old street thug?  Sorry no comparison.  One is football, the other is life.

You often seem to confuse the two.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 01:12:30 EST »

Really? 

And I noticed this same issue when CW stated that earlier about Bama, but let it slide because I was too lazy to look it up, but saying UT is "getting closer to Bama" didn't match my memory of what he said.  So I looked it up, and this is what he ACTUALLY said:

“I understood the passion, the energy, the expectations of Tennessee football,” Pruitt said after the loss. “When I took the job, I knew exactly where it was at, exactly, okay? Which is why I wanted the job. I wanted this job because I wanted to get it to where it’s supposed to be. It’s a hell of a challenge, I’m glad I took the job. I’m excited about being here, I’m not discouraged. The people in our program are not discouraged. I know where our program is headed, and we’ll get there."

Where in the wide world of sports does he even mention Bama?  He does not. The first several sentences are just coach speak and pretty much don't add up to much.  The only part bearing even close to what you claim he said is the final sentence.  Which in plain English says, LITERALLY

I know where our program is headed and we'll get there.

In what universe does that translate to "we are getting closer to Bama?".

Since English is actually my first language I don't quite see it the way you do. You must be from some other country or planet.

Notice he does not say "we are there", "we are getting closer", nothing even remotely resembling that!  He just says he has confidence we will get there.  Whatis he supposed to say? "The program is going to continue to be mired in mediocrity"? 

As for JG.  It's his decision and it may well cost him his job.   But he's a big boy, at least if it plays out that way, I'll bet you a C note that he takes responsibility and doesn't point fingers, unlike the two coaches that immediately preceded him. So he's got that going for him at least.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 01:18:59 EST »

And I noticed this same issue when CW stated that earlier about Bama, but let it slide because I was too lazy to look it up, but saying UT is "getting closer to Bama" didn't match my memory of what he said.  So I looked it up, and this is what he ACTUALLY said:

“I understood the passion, the energy, the expectations of Tennessee football,” Pruitt said after the loss. “When I took the job, I knew exactly where it was at, exactly, okay? Which is why I wanted the job. I wanted this job because I wanted to get it to where it’s supposed to be. It’s a hell of a challenge, I’m glad I took the job. I’m excited about being here, I’m not discouraged. The people in our program are not discouraged. I know where our program is headed, and we’ll get there."

Where in the wide world of sports does he even mention Bama?  He does not. The first several sentences are just coach speak and pretty much don't add up to much.  The only part bearing even close to what you claim he said is the final sentence.  Which in plain English says, LITERALLY

That's not the presser where he said it....He said it after the Bama game less than 2 weeks ago.....I heard it. He point blank said we are closing the gap.

Since English is actually my first language I don't quite see it the way you do. You must be from some other country or planet.

Notice he does not say "we are there", "we are getting closer", nothing even remotely resembling that!  He just says he has confidence we will get there.  Whatis he supposed to say? "The program is going to continue to be mired in mediocrity"?  

As for JG.  It's his decision and it may well cost him his job.   But he's a big boy, at least if it plays out that way, I'll bet you a C note that he takes responsibility and doesn't point fingers, unlike the two coaches that immediately preceded him. So he's got that going for him at least.  

That's not the presser he said it.....He said it a week ago after the Bama game. Point blank said we are closing the gap. I heard it when he said it. Butch Jones BS!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 01:21:19 EST by Tnphil » Logged
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2020, 01:52:01 EST »

And I noticed this same issue when CW stated that earlier about Bama, but let it slide because I was too lazy to look it up, but saying UT is "getting closer to Bama" didn't match my memory of what he said.  So I looked it up, and this is what he ACTUALLY said:

Where in the wide world of sports does he even mention Bama?  He does not. The first several sentences are just coach speak and pretty much don't add up to much.  The only part bearing even close to what you claim he said is the final sentence.  Which in plain English says, LITERALLY

Notice he does not say "we are there", "we are getting closer", nothing even remotely resembling that!  He just says he has confidence we will get there.  Whatis he supposed to say? "The program is going to continue to be mired in mediocrity"? 

As for JG.  It's his decision and it may well cost him his job.   But he's a big boy, at least if it plays out that way, I'll bet you a C note that he takes responsibility and doesn't point fingers, unlike the two coaches that immediately preceded him. So he's got that going for him at least.   

"It might not show on the scoreboard today, but the gap is closing, I can assure you."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/jeremy-pruitt-says-ut-bama-gap-is-closing-well-have-to-take-his-word-for-it-estes/ar-BB1ameVb?ocid=uxbndlbing

I see you are still exercising your habit of defending ineptitude without actually knowing what in the hell you are talking about. 

Some things never change. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2020, 03:47:07 EST »

"It might not show on the scoreboard today, but the gap is closing, I can assure you."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/jeremy-pruitt-says-ut-bama-gap-is-closing-well-have-to-take-his-word-for-it-estes/ar-BB1ameVb?ocid=uxbndlbing

I see you are still exercising your habit of defending ineptitude without actually knowing what in the hell you are talking about. 

Yeah, pretty hard to defend that statement. We were actually competitive against Alabama last year until JG's moronic play on the goal line. This year they skull-drug us.
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2020, 04:12:06 EST »

Really? 

Nailed it brother.  Mic drop.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2020, 05:00:31 EST »

Not defending anything, just thought you were referring to his post-game comments.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2020, 05:02:00 EST »

Yeah, pretty hard to defend that statement. We were actually competitive against Alabama last year until JG's moronic play on the goal line. This year they skull-drug us.javascript:void(0);

Agree.  He could have said "we were closing the gap", but really should not have gone there. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 05:05:16 EST »

And none of this changes the fact that I was talking about character, not coaching acumen.  Mullen objectively is a pretty good coach, and definitely up to this point in time is far ahead of Pruitt in what he has accomplished.

But he made a complete ass of himself in the Missouri game and also against Vanderbilt in a previous game.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 05:45:49 EST »

Yeah, pretty hard to defend that statement. We were actually competitive against Alabama last year until JG's moronic play on the goal line. This year they skull-drug us.
Really! is that a moral victory you count as a win. It is still the same coach that lost to Ga State.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 05:47:42 EST »

Here's a thought....why don't we just beat Mullen for once? Doesn't matter what his sideline shenanigans are. Could we do it this year?

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 09:39:47 EST »

Really! is that a moral victory you count as a win. It is still the same coach that lost to Ga State.

You are a dumbass.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2020, 10:05:32 EST »

You are a dumbass.
You can't handle the truth. I'm not the one who said we were competitive with Bama. You still can't help but make excuses for a coaches ineptness. How competitive were with with KY? Why were we not competitive with them?

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2020, 10:07:49 EST »

You can't handle the truth. I'm not the one who said we were competitive with Bama. You still can't help but make excuses for a coaches ineptness. How competitive were with with KY? Why were we not competitive with them?
He spoke TRUTH to Power Perry

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2020, 10:42:44 EST »

Good grief, you are a fool. I literally criticized Pruitt's comment about being competitive with Alabama and said we were much more competitive last year. Last year we were literally trying to punch it in from the goal line to make it a one-score game in the fourth quarter when JG fumbled.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2020, 12:53:53 EST »

Good grief, you are a fool. I literally criticized Pruitt's comment about being competitive with Alabama and said we were much more competitive last year. Last year we were literally trying to punch it in from the goal line to make it a one-score game in the fourth quarter when JG fumbled.
Damn it. I will own the dumbass tag. I should have read it better. I was thinking about the last game with Bama. Sorry. 

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2020, 10:48:03 EST »

Saban lost to La Tech in his first year at bammer after (desperately) re-inserting a suspended player at halftime.  One game doesn't mean shizzle in the long run.

And before you can go there, no the Kentucky lose was bad also.

So congratulations!  We suck!  Pop open a bottle of champagne and celebrate because that seems to make you happy.

As for bringing up moral victories, what CW meant is that to say you are closing the gap the game at least has to be close.  No one was claiming a moral victory, and your question thus is beyond stupid. 

a 6 year old who had just learned to read would have understood what CW meant. You are either being deliberately obtuse, are really that stupid, or are just being an #badword#.

The correct answer is "both b and c." 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: