VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 07:05:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wee Willie Weinke  (Read 1187 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2020, 08:08:21 EST »

I thought he had a bit more depth as a QB coach.  Somehow thought he had actually coached at FSU for a while.

Nope.

Was QB coach for St. Louis Rams 2015-2016, which was his first coaching stint.  Fired after 2016 season, worked as an offensive analyst for Saban for one year, then came to UT.  Pretty thin coaching resume.  Offense did improve last year, but so far has gone backwards this year.

Was RB coach at UT in 2018, so now in his second year as QB coach. Not impressed with what I have seen. Maybe send him back to RB or some other slot and let Tee coach the QBs.  Or whatever.

Main reason I post this is I thought he had a lot more experience as a coach than he does.

https://utsports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/chris-weinke/3273

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 08:37:48 EST »

I thought he had a bit more depth as a QB coach.  Somehow thought he had actually coached at FSU for a while.

Nope.

Was QB coach for St. Louis Rams 2015-2016, which was his first coaching stint.  Fired after 2016 season, worked as an offensive analyst for Saban for one year, then came to UT.  Pretty thin coaching resume.  Offense did improve last year, but so far has gone backwards this year.

Was RB coach at UT in 2018, so now in his second year as QB coach. Not impressed with what I have seen. Maybe send him back to RB or some other slot and let Tee coach the QBs.  Or whatever.

Main reason I post this is I thought he had a lot more experience as a coach than he does.

https://utsports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/chris-weinke/3273

no offence coordinator is going to look good with the QB's we have.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 10:18:17 EST »

I don't see it that way. As someone posted on another site, Shane Matthews was fifth string at Florida when SOS got there, and he ended up being SEC First Team two years running.  Is Harrison a bust already, or are our coaches just not developing the talent?

And FYI, Weinke is the QB coach, not the OC.  A guy who had two years of doing that for the Rams then got fired.  Again, not impressed with his resume.

Maybe our QBs will turn it around prior to season's end.  I sure hope so.  Not holding my breath though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 09:04:55 EST »

I don't see it that way. As someone posted on another site, Shane Matthews was fifth string at Florida when SOS got there, and he ended up being SEC First Team two years running.  Is Harrison a bust already, or are our coaches just not developing the talent?

And FYI, Weinke is the QB coach, not the OC.  A guy who had two years of doing that for the Rams then got fired.  Again, not impressed with his resume.

Maybe our QBs will turn it around prior to season's end.  I sure hope so.  Not holding my breath though.
[/quot

Every QB is not just a better coach from being Peyton Manning. Some of them are just not good enough.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 04:56:37 EST »

We've got a 4-star QB on the roster who was the #3 QB in the nation in his class, a 5-star who was the #2 QB in the nation in his class, and a 3-star QB who had offers from Ohio State and Texas A&M, among a host of others.

The chances that they all were just busts who can't be developed into serviceable QBs?

Extremely, extremely low IMO.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 12:46:25 EST »

All I hear about is how great Pruitt recruits and then nothings is done with these players once they get here.... Is like UT is where good players go to fail. I don't think Bailey is a bust.. I think the coach we have now is just another Butch 2.0. I had hopes but in his 3rd year I expected more than this, covid be damned, all the other schools are dealing with it too so we can't be using that as an excuse.. Going from DC to HC is obviously a big step,
I hope he gets his $hit together but it looks doubtful..ugh Is like this program is snake bit.. Smdh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: