VTTW Board Index
May 23, 2024, 11:47:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody waste a night and watch the SECcg. It was a great game between our  (Read 1149 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2020, 06:29:35 EST »

two most despised enemies. As bad as we root against Saban and Mullen, we only wish we can find a coach like those. It will be a while before we can compete with either of them. Unfortunately, UF will be good from here on going forward, which will make it even harder for our next coach to get close to a SECe title with UGa recruiting like Bama. It looks like we will have to accept the reality that the best we will probably be is third in the SECe for quite a while. I don't know when or if we will ever make up the talent and coaching deficiencies we have with UGa, UF and Bama. It's crazy how quickly the SEC has flipped from a defensive dominant conference to an offensive dominated conference. Now the top teams are recruiting unreal offensive talent. None of the QB's on our current roster will ever be close to performing like the two QB's I watched tonight. That is a hard fact that is a bitter pill to swallow. So I ask you guys that know more about the Vols than me, how long will our mediocrity last? Heck I don't even know that I would call what we watched from the Vols this season mediocre.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 06:32:31 EST »

Wait.  WTF is wrong with Mullen?  How did he lose to LSU?  There is no excuse for that. All he had to do was specially coach that one player not to throw a shoe. How hard  can that be?  And he lost to Tamu.  You can't be the East champ and lose the West runner-up, you have to be better than that. And I don't care how good a season was, at the end of the day they have three losses.  That is unacceptable if you're going to win the SEC and go to the playoffs.

Come, Mullen is a loser. The gators can do better.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 06:38:26 EST »

How long is it gonna be before we beat one of these three teams?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 06:43:09 EST »

How long is it gonna be before we beat one of these three teams?

If you were a gator fan you'd be screaming for a new coach, and you know it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 06:52:11 EST »

Why do you say that? Because I don't like the crap coaches the Vols have hired and could tell pretty soon the they were not the answer, unlike some folks here. We seem to be only hiring shizzle coaches. Mullen will do well at UF. He will kill it once he gets all that talent in Florida recruited. Hell, he may take over dominating the SEC if Saban ever retires. Him and Smart are gonna have some epic battles to win the SECe. I'll let you know when we hire a good coach. I thought Pruitt might be okay, for about a minute in his first year.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 06:55:30 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 07:19:22 EST »

Why do you say that? Because I don't like the crap coaches the Vols have hired and could tell pretty soon the they were not the answer, unlike some folks here. We seem to be only hiring shizzle coaches. Mullen will do well at UF. He will kill it once he gets all that talent in Florida recruited. Hell, he may take over dominating the SEC if Saban ever retires. Him and Smart are gonna have some epic battles to win the SECe. I'll let you know when we hire a good coach. I thought Pruitt might be okay, for about a minute in his first year.

Mullen sucks.  He was only 8-3 this year with a Heisman candidate quarterback. That just isn't going to cut it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: