VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 01:46:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UT opts out of Liberty Bowl..............  (Read 1543 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2020, 10:31:46 EST »

That's what the talking head on ESPN just said.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 10:32:48 EST »

COVID
Pruitt and several players tested positive on yesterday's test
With contact tracing at least 30 players and staff affected
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 10:51:17 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 10:53:51 EST »

Go ARMY!!!!

I hope
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 01:42:06 EST »

Sounds very convenient.  Divine intervention maybe?   

Army should be a great fit for the LIBERTY bowl.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 02:09:31 EST »

Fitting end to a $hit year 
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 05:52:11 EST »

The 6 or so extra practices were not going to have much of an impact. As it stands now, HC Pruitt would be better served to focus on his staff while recovering from Covid. Also, glad Army was selected in our place.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 06:15:19 EST »

The 6 or so extra practices were not going to have much of an impact. As it stands now, HC Pruitt would be better served to focus on his staff while recovering from Covid. Also, glad Army was selected in our place.

Yep....Not a normal bowl year where your season is over at Thanksgiving then you have 4-5 weeks before you play a bowl game. With Christmas this week we were going to pretty much have a normal regular season week or so of bowl prep....We had a open date and 2 other open weeks due to games postponed...Can't say I saw any improvement during those extra weeks of practice.

I would have liked to have known how many players actually wanted to play in a bowl. It was never said (didn't have but 24 hours before we opted out of the bowl) if the players were going to be allowed to go home for Christmas.....Brian Kelly at ND said he wasn't allowing his players to go home for Christmas...pretty much keeping his team in a bubble. Saban said he was allowing his players to go home 3 days for Christmas. Will be interesting to see what happens if one of the playoff teams has issues like just did.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 06:34:39 EST »

Yep....Not a normal bowl year where your season is over at Thanksgiving then you have 4-5 weeks before you play a bowl game. With Christmas this week we were going to pretty much have a normal regular season week or so of bowl prep....We had a open date and 2 other open weeks due to games postponed...Can't say I saw any improvement during those extra weeks of practice.

I would have liked to have known how many players actually wanted to play in a bowl. It was never said (didn't have but 24 hours before we opted out of the bowl) if the players were going to be allowed to go home for Christmas.....Brian Kelly at ND said he wasn't allowing his players to go home for Christmas...pretty much keeping his team in a bubble. Saban said he was allowing his players to go home 3 days for Christmas. Will be interesting to see what happens if one of the playoff teams has issues like just did.

Maybe Jones, Najeree, and Devonta all get the covid   

(JK...I would not actually wish that on them)

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 06:46:27 EST »

Per VQ, they were to be allowed to go home for Christmas
2 practices this week and be released

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: