VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 05:48:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As an extreme realist and Master of the Obvious, my advice is ...........  (Read 2504 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2021, 05:13:34 EST »

.............Accept the situation and move on.  We are where we are and all we can do is accept it and hope for the best.

You're welcome. 
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 05:26:36 EST »

Yet they keep expecting unwavering support. Who okays these decisions?

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 06:00:49 EST »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 06:02:20 EST »

And you just keep on whining -- good grief, who the heck do you think they could get with the mess here?   

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 06:16:33 EST »

And you just keep on whining -- good grief, who the heck do you think they could get with the mess here?   
Yet we still expect different results. Why not whine?

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 06:17:24 EST »

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 06:29:32 EST »

And you are the one that knows football? Only according to you.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 06:32:01 EST »

And you are the one that knows football? Only according to you.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 06:32:35 EST »

I don't expect different results for a while... we are at the bottom and nothing will happen overnight....or next season or the next most likely..... once we know what sanctions the NCAA is going to hand out, then maybe they can develop a plan to move forward.   Otherwise... I'm a VFL and he has my support.   Whining fixes zilch... just makes you look childish.  Bye!!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 06:39:43 EST »

According to ESPiN These were the dudes we talked to:

Penn State's James Franklin, Cincinnati's Luke Fickell, SMU's Sonny Dykes, Minnesota's PJ Fleck and Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott, among others.

I'm not totally sold on Fleck & Fickell, albeit sure, they would be solid choices.  Elliot would be a little bit of a gamble.  And I don't care what his record or credentials supposedly are - I DO NOT WANT penis head Franklin here.

Out of that group, I'd say Heupel is just as good or better - plus White knows him well and I think White is a pretty good authority on such things.

I still think Campbell would have been the best hire, but Heupel is a dang good hire, IMO.

And yep, we need to get a kick ass D coaching staff.

wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2021, 09:10:23 EST »

The administration is not expecting anything. Fans with any sense are not expecting anything. All any body can do is HOPE for the results desired. Plus 90% of coaching hires end in failure. Many here consider Fulmer a failure. Fans?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2021, 07:49:52 EST »

Are there names I had in mind that I would've rather had than this guy?  Sure... but NONE of them were guaranteed to get us back.  I go back to all the schools who paid it all for "their guy" and it didn't work out; Herman, Chip Kelly (still there but meh so far), Harbaugh at Mich (somehow still there, hasn't returned them to glory though).  Maybe some of the other names had a better chance on paper to get us there, but I wasn't excited about Elliot.  Can't even say I'd rather have Elliot over JH.  But we could've got Matt Campbell here or Frankly and they could've flopped too.  It's just a total crapshoot, all we can do now is hope for the best.

We've just gotta get up off the floor before we can even fantasize about going to the SECC or going 3-0 vs the big 3.  I hope JH can do that.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 08:01:07 EST »

Are there names I had in mind that I would've rather had than this guy?  Sure... but NONE of them were guaranteed to get us back.  I go back to all the schools who paid it all for "their guy" and it didn't work out; Herman, Chip Kelly (still there but meh so far), Harbaugh at Mich (somehow still there, hasn't returned them to glory though).  Maybe some of the other names had a better chance on paper to get us there, but I wasn't excited about Elliot.  Can't even say I'd rather have Elliot over JH.  But we could've got Matt Campbell here or Frankly and they could've flopped too.  It's just a total crapshoot, all we can do now is hope for the best.

We've just gotta get up off the floor before we can even fantasize about going to the SECC or going 3-0 vs the big 3.  I hope JH can do that.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2021, 10:31:15 EST »

Never know.....The highest % of hires fail and are fired. The flavor not long ago was Herman now fired....and Scott Frost that can't win.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 12:03:58 EST »

We must be related, I feel the exact same way

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 01:31:02 EST »

Yep, it's "wait and see".  Maybe the great majority of the fanbase will have some patience.

Or not.

My very early take is that with an offensive guy we might just do okay, but we will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: