VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 07:59:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think they are getting worse.  (Read 1628 times)
Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2021, 08:12:01 EST »

What happened to the defense. I know the offense has struggled but damn. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 08:41:21 EST »

Effort losses are piling up.  Seems there's no plan offensively.

When it feels like they're checking out, I check out.   Season's a wrap. 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 09:11:36 EST »

A 2-SEC-win Vandy team took us to the wire.  A 5-SEC-win AU team beats.  Both teams without key players in the line-up.

There are multiple things I don't like about this team, but I'll just shorten it by saying that they are just not very good most of the time nowadays.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 09:14:14 EST »

I mean, a shot clock violation while down 10 with two mins left?  Talk about quit.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 09:17:05 EST »

With 4 seconds left in the first half, drawing up a play where either Fulky or Pons must bring the ball up the court to get a final shot of the half?
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 09:22:49 EST »

With 4 seconds left in the first half, drawing up a play where either Fulky or Pons must bring the ball up the court to get a final shot of the half?

Exactly!!! Just lost to a 11-13 team playing without their best player.....Barnes is now 0 fer the last 6 against Pearl....Pearl flat out coached Barnes the 2nd half.

Who was the more aggressive team to the rim?

AU shot 37 FTs

UT shot 10 FTs
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 09:32:51 EST »

Barnes talks every game about a lack of effort, mainly from upper classmen.  OK.  Now examine the stats and notice that ORN and Gaines both had zero minutes in the second half.

Say what you want about their games, but they both played hard for the 7 total minutes that both were in the game during the first half. (Personally I think that ORN is head and shoulders above Fulky and treetops above EJ right now.)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 09:38:39 EST »

Barnes teams have never played with the intensity of Pearls' teams. Don't go criticizing  Barnes now. 

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 09:41:38 EST »

Barnes teams have never played with the intensity of Pearls' teams. Don't go criticizing  Barnes now. 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 11:15:15 EST »

We are an easy team to defend with no real offensive threat from the 4 or 5 position. Given where we are, I may think about putting James at the 4 and move Pons over to the 5 position with Springer, Johnson, and Bailey.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 11:16:36 EST »

Barnes talks every game about a lack of effort, mainly from upper classmen.  OK.  Now examine the stats and notice that ORN and Gaines both had zero minutes in the second half.

Say what you want about their games, but they both played hard for the 7 total minutes that both were in the game during the first half. (Personally I think that ORN is head and shoulders above Fulky and treetops above EJ right now.)

Agree
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 12:57:49 EST »

According to ESPN stats, UT had more shots at the basket that AU (63 to 55) even though they had more rebounds on both ends.  UT's FG% was better (22/63 compared to 22/55).  UT's percentage from 3 was better (11/28 compared to 9/26).  UT shot a better percentage from the FT line (90% to 65%).

Steals and turnovers were about even, although their stats were just slightly better than ours.

The difference was that they shot 37 FTs to our 10.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 03:06:25 EST »

I'm going to be in Vegas when the tourney starts. I'll be there for the play-in games and the first day of the round of 64 (half of the first round) I hope the Vols don't play until the second day. Because that would make for a long, crappy flight home if I had to watch them lose right before boarding the plane.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2021, 05:41:59 EST »

Fulkerson had another just awful game.  Not sure what the issue is with him, but if I was Barnes I would seriously consider benching him.  Definitely over the guy, it's hard to watch actually.

As for the recent losses, agree that this loss to Auburn is completely inexcusable and the lack of effort was just awful.  Vandy...IDK, they always play us tough once a season it seems,less concerned about that.

Team has a week to get it's head out of its nether regions.  I am not holding my breath, but lets see how they do in the SECT (not a strength of the Vols for quite some time, but...).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: