VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 07:22:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, at least we won’t be the biggest upset of the day*  (Read 2296 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2021, 11:20:28 EDT »

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 11:27:42 EDT »

The Beavers being a 12 seed is a fizzleing joke.  Okie st ridiculously seeded as well .  We just got majorly fizzleed in this draw and then add in not having a key player.  fizzle this bullshizzle

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 11:32:58 EDT »

Whenever Pons has to sit major minutes with foul trouble, we have almost zero chance. Need to keep him in the game from here on out.

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 12:13:59 EDT »

The Beavers being a 12 seed is a fizzleing joke.  Okie st ridiculously seeded as well .  We just got majorly fizzleed in this draw and then add in not having a key player.  fizzle this bullshizzle

I don't mean to sound like everyone's least favorite poster, but how is what we're watching anyone's fault but our own? This team has been crapping the bed at random times all season...and is majorly crapping the bed today.

Frankly I'll be happy to close the book on this team and move on.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 12:23:09 EDT »

I completely agree, CW.  We were, imo, seeded much higher than we deserved.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 12:29:28 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 12:25:05 EDT »

Embarrassing, but not surprising. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 12:26:34 EDT »

I don't mean to sound like everyone's least favorite poster, but how is what we're watching anyone's fault but our own? This team has been crapping the bed at random times all season...and is majorly crapping the bed today.

I agree with you that this team has been one big basketcase.  But holy fizzle, at least give them a fair fizzleing start.

Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2021, 12:26:49 EDT »

I had to turn this garbage off.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2021, 12:28:59 EDT »

Actually, I agree with CW. Mistake on my part.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 01:01:21 EDT »

Exactly....Bad job all around this season. Pitiful.

I saw this coming weeks ago....You can tell when a team has it....This team didn't have it. Poor job of coaching too.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2021, 01:05:34 EDT »

Exactly....Bad job all around this season. Pitiful.

I saw this coming weeks ago....You can tell when a team has it....This team didn't have it. Poor job of coaching too.

Yep.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2021, 01:13:28 EDT »

Not quite as embarrassing as the Buckeyes.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2021, 01:14:57 EDT »

I had to turn this garbage off.

I was on the verge of doing that in the first half, but they did play better in the second (still not as well as they can though).

I only saw about the last 5 minutes of the first half, but it was one of the biggest crapfests I have ever seen from a UT men's team.  On par with Wade Houston at his worst, and that's saying something. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2021, 01:17:43 EDT »

Beavers were hot at the end of the season, unfortunately for us. I believe they won the PAC12 tourney. 

As for us being overated, 5 seeds are among the "most upset" of the tourney.  Something about where that's where the overated and underated populations tend to meet.

https://www.thelines.com/odds/march-madness/5-vs-12/#:~:text=Since%20the%20NCAA%20Tournament%20expanded,35.7%20percent%20of%20the%20games.

Which is not an excuse, but is evidence that we, like many other 5 seeds through the years, are overated.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2021, 01:21:17 EDT »

OSU was preseason picked to finish last in the Pac 12 and only got into the NCAA tournament because they won the PAC 12 tourney.....We were picked preseason to win the SEC with 3 5 stars and tanked it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2021, 01:34:22 EDT »

OSU was preseason picked to finish last in the Pac 12 and only got into the NCAA tournament because they won the PAC 12 tourney.....We were picked preseason to win the SEC with 3 5 stars and tanked it.

Yes.  However, I am a big believer that teams on a hot streak do well in the tourney.  It's not faith based, there is a ton of evidence this is so, it's one of the tips bloggers routinely give to bracket pickers "go with the team that's hot".

So while I am not at all excusing our wretched performance, Oregon State - right now - is a good team.  I give them credit as such. What they did earlier in the season is not relevant now.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2021, 02:06:44 EDT »

Yes.  However, I am a big believer that teams on a hot streak do well in the tourney.  It's not faith based, there is a ton of evidence this is so, it's one of the tips bloggers routinely give to bracket pickers "go with the team that's hot".

So while I am not at all excusing our wretched performance, Oregon State - right now - is a good team.  I give them credit as such. What they did earlier in the season is not relevant now.

Oregon State was 11-11 at one point. From that point forward, they improved greatly (you can call that a hot streak, but I would suggest that it’s more likely that they figured it out). That’s good coaching. That’s what coaches are hired to do - get players in positions where they can improve and be successful.

If iirc, UT was 8-8 over the final 16 games. We regressed. I’ll let everyone figure out what they think of that coaching. I will say that for $5M/year, I think expectations should be higher than a one-and-done loss in the NCAAT to a 12 seed.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 02:58:45 EDT »

Oregon State was 11-11 at one point. From that point forward, they improved greatly (you can call that a hot streak, but I would suggest that it’s more likely that they figured it out). That’s good coaching. That’s what coaches are hired to do - get players in positions where they can improve and be successful.

If iirc, UT was 8-8 over the final 16 games. We regressed. I’ll let everyone figure out what they think of that coaching. I will say that for $5M/year, I think expectations should be higher than a one-and-done loss in the NCAAT to a 12 seed.

Exactly....Wasted a lot of talent this season.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2021, 04:20:31 EDT »

I saw an article that said Barnes has won the same number of games in the tournament Cuonzo Martin. He is 1 and 11 against higher seeds as well. Springer was our leading score but had the seventh most minutes. Is this all accurate. I'm sure it is just during his time at UT not for a career for Barnes.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2021, 06:02:28 EDT »

Agree that Oregon was much, much better prepared than us yesterday and yes, that is coaching.  Hot streak, playing well, all the same, but yes definitely coaching has a great deal to do with it.

Absolutely no question we were seriously out coached yesterday.  That big dumb clumsy lunk of an Eastern European they had in the middle got a season high for points - with 3 minutes left in the first half.     I think Fulky being out hurt us in the middle (thanks Florida!  ), but where was Uros?  (Having said that, I did miss the first 15 minutes of the game, maybe Barnes tried him and it failed?)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: