VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 03:51:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CONFIRMED: Neyland will be 100% Capacity this fall  (Read 815 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2021, 11:20:07 EDT »

The centennial celebration of historic Neyland Stadium and the start of the Josh Heupel era will coincide with a return to normalcy to the game day and tailgating experience. The University of Tennessee announced Tuesday that Neyland Stadium will operate at full capacity this fall.

"I know our fans are eager to experience the rich pageantry of Tennessee football gamedays again, and they're going to have an exciting brand of football to rally around," Vice Chancellor/Director of Athletics Danny White said. "This will be my first football season at Tennessee, and after witnessing the power of Vol Nation during our recent baseball postseason run, I cannot wait to see the impact of our fans giving their all in a packed Neyland Stadium."

One of college football's top 10 winningest head coaches over the last three seasons, Heupel makes his debut when the Volunteers host Bowling Green in a Thursday primetime opener on Sept. 2. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. ET on SEC Network.

"We can't wait to experience the Vol Walk, running through the 'T' and everything that makes Neyland Stadium special," Heupel said. "I get goosebumps just thinking about what it will be like that Thursday night. The passion of Vol Nation is unmatched, and we are grateful for their support."

Ticket mini-plans for the 2021 season are on sale now at AllVols.com. Fans can customize their mini-plan by selecting any four games in a variety of sections for one price. Home games include Bowling Green (Sept. 2), Pittsburgh (Sept. 11), Tennessee Tech (Sept. 18), South Carolina (Oct. 9), Ole Miss (Oct. 16), Georgia (Nov. 13), South Alabama (Nov. 20) and Vanderbilt (Nov. 27).

Season tickets are also on sale for as low as $300 with the Vol Pass and payment plan options offered. Fans can experience the Neyland Stadium 3D map to select tickets based on preference. Fans with questions related to seats, views and options can utilize the live "CHAT" feature on AllVols.com.

The ninth-oldest stadium in the FBS, Neyland Stadium first opened as Shield-Watkins Field in 1921. Fans can join in the 100-year celebration by sharing their memories of one of college football's grandest cathedrals at Neyland100.com. The centennial milestone comes during a fall in which Tennessee will play its 125th season of football. The Vols have won 849 games – 10th in FBS history – dating back to their first contest in 1891.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 02:28:00 EDT »

I'd like to go up for the opener, I'm anxious to see the new O. But it's hard to justify since it's a week night.       
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 03:22:34 EDT »

Are there still enough interested UT football fans to fill it? 

And, yes, I am being serious. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 01:36:14 EDT »

Through all the ups and downs, and as bad as last year was…. I still get that tinge of excitement just thinking about being in Neyland.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 09:41:24 EDT »

Through all the ups and downs, and as bad as last year was…. I still get that tinge of excitement just thinking about being in Neyland.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: