VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:58:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That first TD by Pitt was a designed Illegal play  (Read 1002 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:48:35 EDT »

...I know this is classic sour grapes posting, but The play really pisses me off.  Big 3rd down and 10 at our 11.  They call a QB rollout right pass disguised as a dropback pass.  With the proper timing, their RT grabs our DE (Tremblay, I think) and yanks him down to the ground full force with his left hand.  You can see it clearly in both views of the replay and it is pretty obvious that it was not only intentional, but planned, practiced, and coached.  They knew we would be rushing 4 and Pickett had no pressure with the right contain thrown to the ground and he had all day to easily find an open man.  Total BULLshizzle.  Pretty scummy to outright practice illegal actions by your players to gain an advantage.  It's one thing to get away with holding - that happens all the time - but to practice it and put it in the game plan is low rent scumbag behavior.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 08:54:14 EDT »

I noticed that too. They've gotten away with it on 3-4 occasions today.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 10:29:39 EDT »

All that passing and QB rolling out by Pitt and no holding calls? LOL
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 10:36:10 EDT »

There were several two-handed takedowns and the white hat just watched. You could say they were calling it loosely…except how many holds was our OL flagged for?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 11:09:42 EDT »

Terrible job by off crew. They seemed to favor Pitt.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 11:41:08 EDT »

Terrible job by off crew. They seemed to favor Pitt.
wasn't "seemed"

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 02:50:28 EDT »

wasn't "seemed"

Not gonna pretend I have absolute knowledge of their motivations or what was going on in their heads this afternoon.  They could just have been incompetent.

one thing is sure, CJH needs to send some tapes to the SEC office.  Not sure it will do any good, but it should be done.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 03:14:54 EDT »

Not gonna pretend I have absolute knowledge of their motivations or what was going on in their heads this afternoon.  They could just have been incompetent.

one thing is sure, CJH needs to send some tapes to the SEC office.  Not sure it will do any good, but it should be done.
It was an ACC crew.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 11:43:58 EDT »

It was an ACC crew.

Yes I know, but I think the process is still through the league office as the SEC was the home team. Whatever the process is, its worth pursuing in this case I think.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: