VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:28:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: finally paying attention to the schedule  (Read 1255 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:30:56 EDT »

The meat of it is just after Florida, when we play Missouri on the road and then USC at home.  If we don't win both of those, its a lot harcer to get to 6 wins.  Well, we could beat USC, lose to Missouri and then beat UK in November, but best to nail down both of those games relatively early.

We do close with two easy games, so if we can just get to mid-November with four wins we go bowling.

I am hoping we go on a two game win streak following the UF game.  Hopefully the team is playing as a team by then.

On a side note, South Alabama, who we play in November, edged Bowling Green by a FG 22-19 this past weekend. So we definitely should handle them. 

I was marking Vandy as a sure thing, but they did "upset" Colorado State this past weekend after losing badly to ETSU (!) in week one.  Co State is a bad team, but now let's see how Vandy does in their next few games.  Still think we win, but there is a lot of football left to play.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 04:17:50 EDT »

Ky looks good, but they have wilted against other comparable UT teams. I consider it a possible loss. Not a "likely" loss at this point.  
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 04:21:19 EDT »

Missouri, usc, and uk are all straight toss ups imo. Pitt is probably as good as 2 of the 3, and maybe all three. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 04:50:00 EDT »

I think Hooker can play. More touch, and more elusive. Could be wrong. Give him tech as a fine tuner & let's ride!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 11:14:06 EDT »

Ky looks good, but they have wilted against other comparable UT teams. I consider it a possible loss. Not a "likely" loss at this point.  

Hope so!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 11:39:23 EDT »

I just worry about our play in the trenches on both sides of the ball against SEC foes. Plus depth is not our friend.

volsboyinsodak
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 12:46:18 EDT »

12-1, and we're playing and beating the piss out of Pitt for the National Championship

you guys need to quit being a bunch of Lou Granny Clampett Holtz 

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 05:13:36 EDT »

12-1, and we're playing and beating the piss out of Pitt for the National Championship

you guys need to quit being a bunch of Lou Granny Clampett Holtz 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: