VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 09:45:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone watch the Manning broadcast of MNF?  (Read 685 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2021, 10:53:35 EDT »

I did.  It was pretty incredible IMO, to hear Petyon and Eli discussing the game like any other fans, but with a lot more knowledge than a typical fan.  Of course it mostly focused on the passing game, but that's the most interesting part of the game anyway, these days, and they had pretty good knowledge of the run game and defenses also.

The best part is they were joined by Russell Wilson at the end.  Three of the greatest QB minds of the last decade discussing the game live and breaking down plays.  I loved it!

One thing that occured to me is that Romo also is very knowledgable, and a few other color guys.  But this went well beyond the relatively terse comments a color guy makes, it was more in depth and they likely said things a color guy would not about how to defeat certain defenses and so forth.

If you didn't catch this past Monday, I highly recommend it.

They had various guests rotate in and out.  Ray Lewis was on for a while also, and some others, but Ray and especially Russell were my favorites.

Russell went out of his way to acknowledge the role the Mannings played in his development.  Apparently he went to the Manning Pass Academy all the way back when he was in fifth grade (didn't know they could go that young, but apparently so). 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 11:36:25 EDT »

Totally.  I started watching MNF the traditional way then remembered the Manning thing and figured “I’ll check it out.”

Yeah watched the Mannings the rest of the way.   
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 11:41:15 EDT »

I watched the whole thing.  Very entertaining.  It was the first time I watched MNF from start to finish in a long, long time. 

I thought it was a little too amateur's hour at times production wise, but that also kinda made it cool.  The guests made it great, especially Wilson. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 01:32:53 EDT »

I watched more Manning and Manning than I did MNF.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: