VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 03:30:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coach Mullen comment  (Read 773 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2021, 02:58:39 EDT »

“That was a different-looking team than I saw last year, to be honest with you,” Mullen said. “How they played, the intensity, the toughness, the physicalness they played with, you know, I give them some credit. I think they’re a much-improved football team."

“I think you look at them as a physical group, physical on both sides of the ball,” Mullen said. “Some good athletes. Their quarterback, I thought, played really well today — hit some shots, creating big plays. They're an explosive type of offense, and you can see that the improvements they've made in one year and what Coach Heupel's doing with them in how those guys play.”
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 04:56:09 EDT »

The 15 yard penalties have to be cleaned up, as do the drops, BUT I was quite happy to see a team prepared to play. I have convinced in Heupel's ability to scheme guys open.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 05:06:51 EDT »

I dislike the sombitch, but maybe a bit less after that

I sensed the same thing.  The final score was the same but so many times in the past against Florida we would shoot ourselves in the foot in the first quarter and the game would be effectively over well before halftime.  Although there were plenty of mistakes yesterday to be cleaned up, for the most part we just got wore down by a better team.  Was disappointed we didn't score in the second half but there is something to build on at least.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 05:39:57 EDT »

I dislike the sombitch, but maybe a bit less after that

No. He's the biggest jackass in SEC coaching.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 06:39:52 EDT »

No. He's the biggest jackass in SEC coaching.

I don't disagree at all, but his comments were sportsmanlike, gotta give him credit for that.  But I'm sure next time there is a fight on the field he will rush in and take a few swings though.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: