VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 03:07:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pitt whipped my ol' almer mater, Ga Tech 52-21 !  (Read 767 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2021, 05:36:12 EDT »

The Painthers put up 52 points on the road against a team that had just beaten UNC and had a chance the tie Clemson at the end of the game.  Tech held Clemson to 14 pts!  Mebbe Pitt is fer real.

We still should, coulda, woulda beat em.  I guess I chalk it up to the Vols just getting better as the season progresses, regardless of our lack of depth.  However I expect we will have more bumps in the road ahead.  I really hope we can put it to those gamecocks the same way we did Mizzou.

I suspect Beamer is/will be a heckuva coach and I just get the feeling that the TN game is one he had circled on the schedule.  I am glad we got 'em at home. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 07:25:23 EDT »

I feel good about the Junior game but not taking anything for granted.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 04:23:07 EDT »

Pitt is no. 1 in the country in scoring offense.  We unfortunately contributed to that, but FWIW they are averaging an eye popping 52 ppg.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 04:23:26 EDT »

They have an open date this weekend and then a trip to Blacksburg. If they take out Va Tech in 2 weeks they are probably the odds on favorite to represent the ACC Coastal.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 11:56:57 EDT »

They have an open date this weekend and then a trip to Blacksburg. If they take out Va Tech in 2 weeks they are probably the odds on favorite to represent the ACC Coastal.

Hayull, maybe we will get a rematch with 'em in the playoffs?   Har....don't wake me up...I'm having a beauty of a dream 

I'm not entirely sure why, but I just love Coach Jim Mora.  I think he is still around, but I haven't seen him much on NFL network lately....I guess that may be due to the fact I kinda stopped watching NFL network.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: