VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 04:54:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well I joined the group and picked my bracket  (Read 726 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2022, 04:23:54 EDT »

But I had almost no time to spend on it.  So I'm just cannon fodder for the rest of you really.

"You're welcome"   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 05:44:39 EDT »

It's really hard to pick the upsets. Invariably, some 5-12 seed will get hot, and possibly make the final 4. And then the 1-4 seeds are difficult to know who will advance. I'm going to say two 1 seeds, a 3 seed, and a 5 will be in the final four. Just don't know which ones. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 05:51:51 EDT »

I once won my office pool 2 consecutive years.  Approx. 100 entrants. Pure, dumb luck!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 06:14:09 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 06:36:02 EDT »

I filled mine out like five minutes after the bracket was revealed on Sunday night. Figured I’d do a little analysis, get back to it and revise it, but never did. So I guess I’m rolling with what I’ve got. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 07:44:12 EDT »

A buddy told me a few years back he stopped getting in his office pool several years back because 95% of the time a female won it and they had zero knowledge of basketball.....The men would do research...look at betting lines...listen to all the bracket gurus....get out their slide rules...compasses, etc...And the women would pick teams based on....This team has the best looking players....O I like this teams uniforms the best so I'll pick them...O they have a cute mascot so I'll pick them...And they would win the damn pot....He said he'd had enough of that crap and decided never again get in with a bunch of females....
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 07:49:44 EDT »

I joined and then petered out. I used the autofill option and have not tweaked it at all. It has me choosing LSU to win it all. I would never make that choice but I just don't have the motivation to repair it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 08:19:07 EDT »

I joined and then petered out. I used the autofill option and have not tweaked it at all. It has me choosing LSU to win it all. I would never make that choice but I just don't have the motivation to repair it.

LSU? oh man.

Maybe I'm not as bad off as I thought.   

I did do a pretty thorough job on the first and most of the second round, it was the later rounds I rushed through. I also wanted to go back and review all my first and second round picks with different criteria.

But it is what it is.  Should be fun to watch, as always.

Speaking of which, there is a place in Huntsville called Touchdown Wings.  Best damn lemon pepper wings in the universe!  Since the Vols play in about 30 minutes, I believe I will make a run there now.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 12:26:28 EDT »

I was feeling good, but one of my FF is already out and the only games I got right so far are Baylor and UT.

This might be my worst bracket ever.

Is there a prize for last place?   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: