VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 09:50:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well I went to that sh.t show in Lexington. The bats just  (Read 644 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: May 08, 2022, 01:50:41 EDT »

vanished until the 5th inning today. We swing for the fence every at bat. Not sure about that approach, but we hit 3 today, or at least 2. I thought uk looked comparable to UT physically. Not sure why they have the record they have. They could be much better next year. At least we got one, and hopefully a wake up call!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 09:30:39 EDT »

I guess it had to happen eventually..... I hope we can get it back on the rails

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 02:20:52 EDT »

Going into the series KY had only won 1 series all season and was tied for last in the SEC. UT made them look better than they are.....Hopefully this will be a wake up call for UT....

Getting that time of year and come tournament time little things can get you beat....One is we are a bad bunting team that can cost you in close games.....Also we are bad base running team....and we do a bad job of holding base runners on base. It's not on the catcher a lot of times....Our pitchers have been bad at it lately and teams run and get into scoring position too much.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 04:55:09 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 02:30:33 EDT »

Going into the series KY had only won 1 series all season and was tied for last in the SEC. UT made them look better than they are.....Hopefully this will be a wake up call for the call....

Getting that time of year and come tournament time letter things can get you beat....One is we are a bad bunting team that can cost you in close game.....Also we are bad base running team....and we do a bad job of holding base runners on base. It's not on the catcher a lot of times....Our pitchers have been bad at lately and teams run and get into scoring position too much.

Agree with all & witnessed all. Bad bunts, bad base running, and allowing stolen bases. One would think all teams have some weakness or other. Here's to hoping we exploit weakness more than having ours exploited.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 07:57:19 EDT »

Going into the series KY had only won 1 series all season and was tied for last in the SEC. UT made them look better than they are.....Hopefully this will be a wake up call for the call....

Getting that time of year and come tournament time letter things can get you beat....One is we are a bad bunting team that can cost you in close game.....Also we are bad base running team....and we do a bad job of holding base runners on base. It's not on the catcher a lot of times....Our pitchers have been bad at lately and teams run and get into scoring position too much.

In that loss to bama, I noticed that we tried to steal second and got thrown out (and didn't think the steal necessary as we were at the top of the order literally), and later on a guy tried to bunt twice, got two fouls, and then for some reason swung for the fences and popped out.  That was a very strange at bat, to say the least. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 02:02:01 EDT »

In that loss to bama, I noticed that we tried to steal second and got thrown out (and didn't think the steal necessary as we were at the top of the order literally), and later on a guy tried to bunt twice, got two fouls, and then for some reason swung for the fences and popped out.  That was a very strange at bat, to say the least. 

This team definitely has its flaws. A lot of people have questioned whether this team is the greatest in college baseball history. If they win the CWS and are dominant in doing so, I guess that's a conversation worth having...but this is a team that could easily slip up and be eliminated. Because what they're good at, they're probably the best to ever do it -- but they don't necessarily play a complete game, although their strengths are usually going to be enough to overcome that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: