VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 10:11:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird day....consider this  (Read 812 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2022, 07:08:30 EDT »

ND, FL, aTm, Nebraska, Wisconsin -  all lost at home to teams they should have beaten.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 07:52:23 EDT »

ND, FL, aTm, Nebraska, Wisconsin -  all lost at home to teams they should have beaten.

Auburn almost lost to San Jose State also. Isn't it fun that it isn't us for a change?   

I am going to quibble on one though...I don't agree AT ALL that UF "should" have beaten UK.  They were favored but the Kats are no. 20 in the country and a lot better than they used to be.  I wouldn't call that a huge upset at all. I am doing this to take a shot at Florida, which I am always happy to do, but actually it's true.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 02:32:42 EDT »

When is the last time all those schools lost to historically inferior brands?

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 08:20:17 EDT »

Auburn almost lost to San Jose State also. Isn't it fun that it isn't us for a change?   

I am going to quibble on one though...I don't agree AT ALL that UF "should" have beaten UK.  They were favored but the Kats are no. 20 in the country and a lot better than they used to be.  I wouldn't call that a huge upset at all. I am doing this to take a shot at Florida, which I am always happy to do, but actually it's true.   

Fair point on UK. But as an UT fan FL is always more of a threat
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 06:43:00 EDT »

Fair point on UK. But as an UT fan FL is always more of a threat

Yes.  And its high time that changed!

I mean, if KENTUCKY can turn the corner on Florida...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 06:19:36 EDT »

KY has beat FL 3 out of the last 5.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 07:44:24 EDT »

When is the last time UT and UK were both ranked in the AP when they played on the gridiron?  

It's a pretty amazing stat......
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 07:46:47 EDT by Coupe De VOL » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 09:30:04 EDT »

When is the last time UT and UK were both ranked in the AP when they played on the gridiron?  

Hi Coupe!  Is Dan O'Shaunessy still at APL? I am trying to track down a MESSENGER paper he sent me almost 10 years ago.  Sent him an email, hope he responds. I haven't spoken to him since 2013.   

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 11:48:52 EDT »

Dan and I used to be good buddies, but I have not seem him in a while since MESSENGER ended.  I think I talked to him earlier this year, pretty sure he is still around.  I think he is working on a Titan or Europa mission now --- those are just starting to ramp up and Dan is pretty far up there in the org tree.

Just tell him James said hi.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 11:50:35 EDT »

The only times were '49, '50, and '51.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2022, 12:45:06 EDT »

The only times were '49, '50, and '51.

Bear Bryant years.  In which we KICKED THAT AZZ!!!! lol

Interesting coincidence that Stoops just became the all time winningest UK coach, replacing....Bryant.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: