VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 08:41:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling out Akron?  (Read 592 times)
Creek Walker
« on: September 14, 2022, 09:09:04 EDT »

This program really is on its way back, isn't it? 

http://ihsports.net/tennessee-is-on-the-verge-of-selling-out-saturdays-game-against-akron/
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 09:40:01 EDT »

Hope we do well. Michigan State beat them 52-0 last Saturday.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 10:45:44 EDT »

I remember when the Zips use to have a pretty good team.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 12:42:45 EDT »

Every time I hear their team name, I wonder how any team called "the Zips" can actually win?  I mean, doesn't that work on their subconsiouses?

What were they thinking when they picked that name? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 02:44:12 EDT »

Every time I hear their team name, I wonder how any team called "the Zips" can actually win?  I mean, doesn't that work on their subconsiouses?

What were they thinking when they picked that name? 

One of my earliest John Ward memories came when we played Akron sometime back in the late 80s. Of course that game wasn’t on TV anywhere in those days, so radio was the only option.

Well, we clubbed them like baby seals, natch. They didn’t have a first down until right before halftime. When they finally got ahead of the chains, John took it upon himself to get excited on their behalf: “First down and ten, ZIPPEROOS!”😂

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 08:21:46 EDT »

One of my earliest John Ward memories came when we played Akron sometime back in the late 80s. Of course that game wasn’t on TV anywhere in those days, so radio was the only option.

Well, we clubbed them like baby seals, natch. They didn’t have a first down until right before halftime. When they finally got ahead of the chains, John took it upon himself to get excited on their behalf: “First down and ten, ZIPPEROOS!”😂

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 04:39:58 EDT »

My goodness. I did not see a sellout coming.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: