VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:11:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Akron depth chart includes  (Read 381 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: September 15, 2022, 07:35:39 EDT »

Dee Williams & Juwan Mitchell. Williams as punt returner as well as back up CB. Idk how accurate it is, but we need depth moving through the meat of the schedule.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/LongFormArticle/2022-Tennessee-Vols-Football-Depth-Chart-Akron-Zips-Game-193248140/
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 12:39:46 EDT »

Done with Flowers as a returner for now. I am pretty unforgiving of fumbles.

Who was not was Fulmer.  Terry Fair fumbled numerous times at the end of 1997 and twice in the SECCG, but Fulmer put him back their vs Nebraska anyway.  Fair promptly fumbled the first punt. 

That was one of Fulmer's flaws, was not being able to sit an underperformer.

The worst one was allowing Aaron Hayden to fumble four times vs. MSU in 1994.  Another was the infamous "casey gives the ball to the gators" fiasco in 2002. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 02:43:41 EDT »

That "attempt" to catch by Flowers was unbelievable. Once you are out of position like that, you have to let it hit the ground. I assume it was a knuckleball punt. He was in front of the ball's trajectory. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 04:21:58 EDT »

That "attempt" to catch by Flowers was unbelievable. Once you are out of position like that, you have to let it hit the ground. I assume it was a knuckleball punt. He was in front of the ball's trajectory. 

I just assumed he lost in the lights right at the worst moment of the catch.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: