VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 12:19:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Akron (?!?) SOLD OUT!  (Read 818 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2022, 01:14:59 EDT »

https://twitter.com/AD_DannyWhite/status/1570870010947735552?s=20&t=B07Azvk7v3HfnTZklWb_mA

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 04:01:30 EDT »

Not sure I understand this. I get that the fanbase is energized, but…it’s Akron. We weren’t even selling out games like this in the 90s. Did they have some ticket giveaway or something? Is Akron bringing 20,000 fans?

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 05:50:04 EDT »

Not sure I understand this. I get that the fanbase is energized, but…it’s Akron. We weren’t even selling out games like this in the 90s. Did they have some ticket giveaway or something? Is Akron bringing 20,000 fans?

I suspect there will be plenty of empty seats if the TV chooses to pan over the stadium. There are way too many people trying to give away their tickets for this to be a high-demand game.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 07:04:53 EDT »

Back in my season ticket days long before so many games were on TV like there is now this is the type of games people and their families came that didn't usually get to come....I gave away tickets over the years to these type games....plus they weren't on TV so if you wanted to see them you had to go....I have not seen one UT game on streaming....SECN+...ESPN+ etc and I won't see this one....I'll do like last year and listen to Bob. Sort of enjoyed it last season....reminded me of the days we had to listen to the radio if we weren't there.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 09:58:11 EDT »

Ye olde days of listening to the radio were fun.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 10:38:28 EDT »

Ye olde days of listening to the radio were fun.

They really were. I was going to listen tonight but opted to sign up for ESPN+ to watch the game. I like Pat Ryan's color commentary, but I just can't suffer Kessling. Awful to say. Nicest guy in the world!  
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 11:12:15 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 11:26:54 EDT »

They really were. I was going to listen tonight but opted to sign up for ESPN+ to watch the game. I like Pat Ryan's color commentary, but I just can't suffer Kessling. Awful to say. Nicest guy in the world!  

Is it necessary to sign up for ESPN+? Can't it be viewed on SEC+? I've watched Vol men's and women's basketball games there and never had to sign up.

https://www.espn.com/watch/catalog/19644d95-cc83-38ed-bdf9-50b9f2e9ebfc

I guess I'll find out at 7:00.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 11:29:20 EDT »

I suspect there will be plenty of empty seats if the TV chooses to pan over the stadium. There are way too many people trying to give away their tickets for this to be a high-demand game.

Well, it's on SEC+, so they'll probably have like 2 cameras there. Probably not much to spare for crowd shots.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 11:30:02 EDT »

Is it necessary to sign up for ESPN+? Can't it be viewed on SEC+? I've watched Vol men's and women's basketball games there and never had to sign up.

I'm pretty sure you can get it on SEC+. I have in the past.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2022, 11:58:43 EDT »

I forgot about SEC+. Oh well. I'll cancel tomorrow.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2022, 12:17:38 EDT »

If you have a service provider who offers SEC network, you should be able get it through the ESPN app on a phone, tablet, Roku app, etc.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2022, 01:15:21 EDT »

Looks pretty packed on TV. I'm sure there's scattered empties throughout the stadium, but no whole empty sections like we usually see for games like this.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2022, 01:27:40 EDT »

Band and cheer day at the stadium helps with the attendence

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2022, 07:43:25 EDT »

I think if you have ESPN in a package you can register for ESPN+. 

I watched it on my phone while attending a minor league baseball game.  It locked up a lot, but I was able to follow the course of the game pretty well. Had I been at home I would have logged in on my PC.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2022, 02:01:50 EDT »

I think if you have ESPN in a package you can register for ESPN+. 

I watched it on my phone while attending a minor league baseball game.  It locked up a lot, but I was able to follow the course of the game pretty well. Had I been at home I would have logged in on my PC.

Thanks Bandit! I shall experiment with this.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: