VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:26:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols 11 pt Favorites Over FL??  (Read 569 times)
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2022, 09:52:21 EDT »

I'll believe it when I see it.  My PTSD is kicking in.  I hope they beat the Gaytors about 5X that!
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 03:16:04 EDT »

I suffer from BVS as much as anyone. I won't believe Tennessee can beat Florida until there is 0:00 on the scoreboard and we're ahead. But this 43-year-old man is excited for this game like I would've been as a 21-year-old man. It's been a long time since I've been this fired up for a Tennessee-Florida game. I'll take a one-point win, but I hope we beat the ever-loving dog shizzle out of them.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 03:29:03 EDT »

I'll take a one-point win, but I hope we beat the ever-loving dog shizzle out of them.

My thoughts exactly! 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 04:12:16 EDT »

I suffer from BVS as much as anyone. I won't believe Tennessee can beat Florida until there is 0:00 on the scoreboard and we're ahead. But this 43-year-old man is excited for this game like I would've been as a 21-year-old man. It's been a long time since I've been this fired up for a Tennessee-Florida game. I'll take a one-point win, but I hope we beat the ever-loving dog shizzle out of them.
if that happens your column will be epic!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 06:22:56 EDT »

From what I heard, the line opened at -4.5 and moved quickly to -7. is it now at -11?  I guess everyone "gets it" even the gamblers. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 12:31:49 EDT »

From what I heard, the line opened at -4.5 and moved quickly to -7. is it now at -11?  I guess everyone "gets it" even the gamblers. 

Vegas does seem to always "know". 
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 06:49:06 EDT »

Going to be a tough game to pick. Can't wait to see the Vols against SEC D and O lines. It will tell the tale. I don't care as long as we score more than the crocks. If we slow down their running game, we should win by a comfortable margin. Their QB shouldn't be able to beat us with his arm. But then again, its UF. So who knows? We need to beat these bastages. Unbelievable their success against us. Would be nice to attend.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 07:14:18 EDT »

I did some digging on the gaytors.  I trust Phil Steele, he is consistently more accurate than other forecasters, year after year.  No forecaster is perfect of course, but at least he is a better prognosticator than others.

He ranks units nationally.  If you're in the top 20, that's very good.  Top 40, meh, above average...maybe, particularly factoring in the SEC vs rest of country.  So...the gaytor DL and LB units are not even in the top 60!    We already know their run D suxes, so now here is a nugget or two of prognostication punditry to help explain why. 

Having said that, their DBs are top 10.  So...crappy run D, decent pass D, goes against the grain of what the Vols have so far done this year.  But it's not like we can't run or don't have any talent at all there.  Against what I saw of UFs run D vs all three of their opponents I think we will do just fine running the ball.  FTR, USF was 2-10 last year.  They were expected to be (and likely are) much better this year, but still.

On the other side of the ball, we all know florida depends on the run offensively, and our run D has been solid even against a Pitt team that was at least supposed to decent at running the ball. I guess our run D will get a truer test this Saturday, but they should at least be able to slow down the gaytor rush attack.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 08:40:18 EDT »

Going to be a tough game to pick. Can't wait to see the Vols against SEC D and O lines. It will tell the tale. I don't care as long as we score more than the crocks. If we slow down their running game, we should win by a comfortable margin. Their QB shouldn't be able to beat us with his arm. But then again, its UF. So who knows? We need to beat these bastages. Unbelievable their success against us. Would be nice to attend.

A running qb with a throwing deficit can be contained if his mobility is confined to one side of the field. If we do that we may even pick him off a couple of times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: