VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 09:32:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I read yesterday that AR said he realized he was not being  (Read 513 times)
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2022, 02:36:17 EDT »

him thus far, meaning he was trying to be more of a pocket passer and wasn't running when the opportunity was there and instead forcing passes. I expect Florida is going to run, run, and run some more Sat, I hope our D can shut 'em down. AR has clearly demonstrated that he can't carry the O with his arm, the running threat is what breaks Ds down and opens up the passing. The two running backs are very good and if you throw AR in there, with just enough passes to keep our LBs and DBs honest, it's going to mean we have to be physical and tackle extremely well (i.e. no 4-6 yrds after contact).         
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 02:50:43 EDT »

I don’t think Napier is an idiot, therefore he likely recognizes what’s not working and will adjust.  I.e., I don’t think they’re going to come out trying to do what hasn’t been working.  AR is gonna run around and hurt us with his legs.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 03:26:19 EDT »

AR has a right leg injury.  He favored it a LOT against the U of Shorts & Flipflops

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 04:56:52 EDT »

First I'm hearing of this, I hope it's just enough to prevent him from being effective....then he can be awesome next week.              
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 07:02:02 EDT »

AR has a right leg injury.  He favored it a LOT against the U of Shorts & Flipflops
Hopefully this is correct.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 07:04:21 EDT »

FWIW, our run defense has been really good, only allowing 83 ypg.  Some of that is that Ball State and Akron suxes, and also that they both got way behind early and had to pass.  OTOH, Pittsburgh has a good running game and we pretty much shut it down.  Of course, their QBs were not mobile at all.

At any rate, at least we are matching strength for strength with our run D vs gaytor run O.  So many times in the past it has been the other way around where we are forced to match weakness for strength.

It really does seem things are lining up for us this year. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 07:43:00 EDT »

FWIW, our run defense has been really good, only allowing 83 ypg.  Some of that is that Ball State and Akron suxes, and also that they both got way behind early and had to pass.  OTOH, Pittsburgh has a good running game and we pretty much shut it down.  Of course, their QBs were not mobile at all.

At any rate, at least we are matching strength for strength with our run D vs gaytor run O.  So many times in the past it has been the other way around where we are forced to match weakness for strength.

It really does seem things are lining up for us this year. 

I do feel good about our run defense. And as much as we struggled with mobile quarterbacks last year, I feel that our defense is light years ahead of last year in that regard. I still halfway expect Richardson to light us up with his legs and his arm, but when I try to step back and look at this objectively, I just can't find much of a reason for us to lose the game. Let's just hope our team doesn't come out and lay an egg like so many Tennessee teams have done against Florida so many times over the past 30 years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: