VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 04:10:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There were several times that I just knew we were going to lose....  (Read 792 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2022, 02:03:27 EDT »

......the last time being when Bama lined up for that FG at the end. It would have been the usual for us to lose a great, close game on that FG.

Even when he missed it I "knew" that there wasn't enough time for us to win and that Bama would win in OT.

But the fact we won that kind of game against that kind of opponent means this: Things are changing.     
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 02:05:26 EDT »

I turned the tv three times but I just had to turn it back.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 02:51:32 EDT »

......the last time being when Bama lined up for that FG at the end. It would have been the usual for us to lose a great, close game on that FG.

Even when he missed it I "knew" that there wasn't enough time for us to win and that Bama would win in OT.

But the fact we won that kind of game against that kind of opponent means this: Things are changing.     

I was just the opposite -- I told my hubs when they missed that FG, we've got 15 seconds on the clock and 2 timeouts -- we can win this without OT!! 

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2022, 02:54:50 EDT »

I was just the opposite -- I told my hubs when they missed that FG, we've got 15 seconds on the clock and 2 timeouts -- we can win this without OT!! 

Wow. You are a woman of great faith. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022, 03:02:21 EDT »

If you need a lot of yards in a very short time, I don't think there's anyone I'd trust more to draw a chunk play or two than CJH. He literally might be the best offensive mind in football.

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 03:12:12 EDT »

Wow. You are a woman of great faith. 

LOL!  Hubs didn't have much faith either -- after the first play, I said "see!" -- after the 2nd and still 2 seconds, I just looked at him and said "Told ya so! We are winning this right now!"

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 03:13:15 EDT »

LOL!  Hubs didn't have much faith either -- after the first play, I said "see!" -- after the 2nd and still 2 seconds, I just looked at him and said "Told ya so! We are winning this right now!"

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 05:05:18 EDT »

If you need a lot of yards in a very short time, I don't think there's anyone I'd trust more to draw a chunk play or two than CJH. He literally might be the best offensive mind in football.

Absolutely. Once Alabama missed the FG, I was confident we would get in position to win the game in regulation. I wasn't sure McGrath could make the kick (and he darned nearly didn't) but I fully expected him to get a shot.

Josh Heupel is a scheming genius.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2022, 05:24:30 EDT »

Absolutely. Once Alabama missed the FG, I was confident we would get in position to win the game in regulation. I wasn't sure McGrath could make the kick (and he darned nearly didn't) but I fully expected him to get a shot.

Josh Heupel is a scheming genius.

I think it was Hubbs who had a great line describing CJH last week: "He doesn't come off as the smartest guy in the room, even though he's usually the smartest guy in the room".

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 06:11:50 EDT »

Same as several above...I knew we had a great shot at the FG

As for bammer's FG, I saw their FG kicker miss a few vs Tamu, so was pretty sure he might miss also.   

The feeling I had when they missed and we got the ball is almost undescribable.  I had faith and such a good feeling we would win.  They. Did not.  Disappoint.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2022, 05:20:20 EDT »

There have been countless times in the recent past when I’m watching the vols football game and things go awry., I will just stop watching it and look up the box score later to see if I want to continue watching it. And I guess that is just a defense mechanism I have developed over this horrible time in vol history.  Pretty pathetic I guess I’m just kind of ashamed to admit it. But yesterday I watched the whole game live and never looked away. It’s the first time I’ve done something like that there’s no long time. I did not even turn down the volume due to that first f&ckhead color ANALyst.  If I had gone to the game I probably would’ve had a heart attack. LOL

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2022, 07:53:49 EDT »

There have been countless times in the recent past when I’m watching the vols football game and things go awry., I will just stop watching it and look up the box score later to see if I want to continue watching it. And I guess that is just a defense mechanism I have developed over this horrible time in vol history.  Pretty pathetic I guess I’m just kind of ashamed to admit it. But yesterday I watched the whole game live and never looked away. It’s the first time I’ve done something like that there’s no long time. I did not even turn down the volume due to that first f&ckhead color ANALyst.  If I had gone to the game I probably would’ve had a heart attack. LOL

I watched every second of last nights game....all the way until the network stopped the coverage.....I will be 100% honest, I did not watch the last 7:55 of the UT-FLA game....We were up 17 points and I got up...told my wife I'm out of here....I had seen this movie way too many times before and we would either lose or hang on by the skin of our teeth.....I got in my pickup and left...didn't listen to the radio and just drove around...After close to 30 minutes I pulled back into the garage thinking the game was over one way or another....I'm mean it was just 7:55 left and I'd been gone 30....I opened the door to the house and my wife says....Don't come in yet Fla has the ball to win it!!!!...........I LOST IT!!! I mean I lost my sanity...my religion....Well, we won and I was still pi$$ed the way it went down...After the win I said that other than the huge win....maybe just maybe this team and coaching staff learned to never let the other team up off the mat...When you have them by the juggler you finish them off!!! I think they learned that to some extent..
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 07:56:45 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: