VTTW Board Index
June 05, 2024, 09:35:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 vs. 1982: The end of Saban?  (Read 395 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 17, 2022, 05:03:45 EDT »

Pardon my self-indulgence but the similarities between yesterday and this date 40 years ago are striking.

http://ihsports.net/streak-over-could-this-be-the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-saban-era/
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 05:15:49 EDT »

I predicted before the season when Saban started that war of words with Jimbo that he sounded like a guy who didn't care anymore and was about to call it quits after the season. We sent out the Bear and Spurrier (twice!) with losses. It would be sweet to do the same to Saban.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 06:26:00 EDT »

We can hope. Would love to beat him several more times though.

Another similarity is NIL to scolly limits

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 06:39:13 EDT »

Watching his blowup on the sidelines... I definitely felt he needed to step back for the sake of his health. The job he has is a built in stress sandwich.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 01:50:47 EDT »

I would love to send him off with the huge loss he felt on Saturday. He's a great coach, but his sideline explosions are pretty horrible and detracts from him. I'm not a fan

Let's speculate and say that he does. If he did step out, I don't see any coaches that would come even close to picking up the reigns and keeping UA on the same course they've been on for the last 15 years.

Additionally, with the portal, they would lose at least a decent part of their current roster. I would pass on them personally, I wouldn't want their demeanor with this team. Henry TuTu is a good example of why I wouldn't want them

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: